Episode 6

Zane casually strolled into the throne room, Vex at his side. With his movement, ice crept over the walls, rapidly surrounding the room. Before him, Grimfax wielded his axe, facing Zane.

No. Please stop! Zane cried. Regardless, he gave way to his actions.

"What have you done?!" Grimfax shouted. Zane smiled maddeningly, and Vex grinned the same.

"I've only taken what is mine." Zane said, replying to him with his cruel smile. Grimfax shuddered, then looked around him. All the men whom had faithfully served him had been stabbed, crushed, or encased in ice. Even now, Grimfax watched as one of his men looked at him with fearful eyes, barely hanging on to life. Zane followed his gaze, then stabbed him with four more icicles. The man breathed his last, and died, and Zane chuckled.

"It's amazing how much you try and resist me. In fact, it's quite amusing." Zane walked closer to Grimfax, who began charging at Zane. With a smirk, Zane deflected his attack and sent him flying into the wall. Zane raised up glaciers in the direction, which stabbed Grimfax mid-air. Grimfax choked up blood, and stared at the scene with glazed eyes.

"But, it wouldn't be entertaining if you only died." Zane said, frowning. He turned to Vex.

"Perhaps it would be even better if you stayed alive." Zane suggested. Grimfax stared at him with awe and hope, but Zane laughed hollowly. Grimfax stared at him, puzzled.

"You're happily thinking about freedom, aren't you? Hoping that life will be normal, and you will be let go. How entertaining." Zane's laugh echoed in the room. "But it would be even more entertaining if you suffered. Suffered, and work for me." Zane said. Grimfax looked at him in horror, and Zane watched his facial expression. 

"Live to only work for the likes of a madman? I'd rather die like this." Grimfax croaked, the hole in his chest pouring out profusely.

"You would hmm? But I don't think you have a choice!" Zane said, excited. "Even better, you'll watch helplessly as thousands more suffer the same fate as your friends. Now isn't that exhilarating?" Zane said.

"No." Grimfax whispered. Zane looked at the corpse next to him, then fashioned it into an ice soldier. Zane then glanced back at Grimfax with the face of a psychopath.

"Yes."

Zane jolted awake, pulling against the chains. He looked up, seeing the sun rise.

Not again. Zane whimpered to himself, clutching his head. The memory he had of the ice emperor had resurfaced, and the regret along with it.

Why did I do all these things? And why do I still feel like I enjoy it? Zane thought. He sighed, curling up in a corner, then looked at his chains. Apparently, vengestone had no effect on these memories.

"Zane?" Zane jumped, and looked at Lloyd. Lloyd looked at him, wide awake.

"You're awake huh?" He said.

"Yup." Zane asked. Lloyd nodded.

"I think it's your turn next. They already took me and Cole." Lloyd said.

The guards walked in and entered Zane's room. They shoved him out, and he walked in the corridor.

The guards brought him up a stairwell, and they entered a main room. A bar sat on the left, and members sat on the right, eating breakfast.

If we hadn't confirmed this to be an underground organization, I would've thought it was a hotel of some sort. Zane thought. The guards continued walking on, and soon pushed open another door, which had a man sitting in the back of the room. He faced Zane.