Episode 31

"Hey, Juliet? Why'd you have to go and run your mouth about Yulta?" Trystan complained, spreading out on the sofa. The five currently sat inside Zane's hotel room.

Juliet bounced up and down on the sofa. "Hey, I didn't run my mouth, I was only making the stadium lighten up. "

"Lighten up? More terrifying." Gavin said.  Trystan nodded in agreement, and Juliet waved them off.

"Well I thought it was interesting. A way to rile up the crowds, you know? Make them a bit more excited." Juliet said, twirling around a knife.

Zane entered the room, changing out his clothes. He still was smiling in ecstasy, and Trystan shuddered from his face. Kenya and Juliet reciprocated his facial expression, while Gavin glanced over and ignored them.

Yesterday's fight had struck cords into the hearts of every viewer. Yet except for joyful cords, it only reassured the power behind Yulta, and what they were capable of.

Zane slid into the chair, happily smiling from the fight he had. Zane had brutally ripped apart Zeke, so much to the point where he had to intervene with his powers, as Zeke was about to die. At the moment, a rumor appeared that Zeke was undergoing extensive urgent care, but the group sat in Zane's room, waiting for the first rounds to finish up.

"Hey look, it's the old guy." Juliet said. All eyes in the room turned to the television on screen, which hosted day two's round of contestants.

Zane focused his eyes on the screen. It seemed Wu was facing off against a competitor by the name of Job, and Wu only wielded his bamboo stick. Zane curled his lips in disgust.

"Why is he using such a trivial weapon?" Zane said, frowning.

"Don't ask me. He's your Sensei." Trystan replied, not thinking. Zane walked over to him, hovering over him with a deadly presence. Trystan backed off and chuckled.

"No clue either." Trystan said weakly. Zane took him by the shirt and rammed him into a wall, laughing as Trystan shrieked in pain. Rubble fell down on his shirt, and Zane smirked, laughing. He then turn his attention to the fight.

Wu's opponent held a burst assault rifle in his hands, and began spraying it in a circle in Wu's direction. Wu jumped over his spray of bullets, and Job smirked. Job shot straight at Wu, but Wu whirled his bamboo in a circle, deflecting the bullets.

Job looked up in shock, but jumped back to avoid Wu's attack. The two faced each other, making sure to analyze for every movement.

"I didn't know bamboo sticks could do that. I want one." Juliet puffed. Kenya watched with slight interest as Wu sped up to Job. Job again shot at Wu, but Wu blocked off each attack, then rushed in to close combat. Job, exhibiting obvious frustration over his limited ability, pulled out a knife at the last second. Job slashed it at Wu, but Wu used his bamboo to prevent his attack.

Job launched another close quarter attack on Wu, who simply took Job's momentum and flipped him over. Wu reared his bamboo stick over his head, and knocked Job out, who felt to the floor unconscious.

"Quick." Gavin muttered, sipping a small cup of lemonade.

"Agreed. But it was a nice display or martial arts." Kenya said, nodding deeply. Zane sighed.

"Why can't anyone in this tournament do anything slightly brutal to their opponents. Honestly, they just treat them as if their children, and barely injure them. A bit of pain wouldn't hurt them." Zane glowered.

"I think you'll see that for the next fight." Kenya stated. "The afternoon match has Maga faced against Harring."

"The last tournament's winner? Interesting." Zane said with a vicious smile. "I hope at least he can provide an amusing scene."