Episode 44

An alarm clock went off, and Zane woke up from the darkness. He turned it off, then blinked.

I didn't get a nightmare tonight! Zane cheered joyfully. His mood soured when he remembered last night's events.

But I got something quite worst. He thought. Zane changed, then left his room to make breakfast. Since no one was awake, he turned on the lights to the kitchen, and began whipping up pancake batter. Zane switched on the burner for the skillet, then started frying bacon.

The eggs in the refrigerator numbered eight, and seeing them and good condition, Zane took another bowl and mixed them up. He took out a bowl, and mixed tomatoes, onions, and bacon. He then placed a frittata in the oven, and turned on the timer.

"I see the Yulta member can also cook." Zane dropped his oven mittens and looked over to find Garmadon staring at him in the face.

"Not so loud!" Zane whispered. Garmadon barked a laugh, and watched him cook.

"Why are you even here so early in the morning?" Zane muttered, checking the pancakes. The sizzling batter made up for the silence in the air.

Garmadon shrugged. "I heard someone up, and decided to might as well check who."

"But why are you here with me? I'm sure Lloyd would kill you if he saw you here." Zane spoke. He slammed his hand against his mouth, stunned at the word choice he used.

Garmadon chuckled. "Killed? That's an interesting choice of words, coming from someone like you."

"Why are you still here?" Zane asked, changing the subject. "You know who I am, so why stay?" Garmadon huffed.

"Well, I would have liked it if I could've dragged Azne someplace far to fight with me. But seeing that you're Azne, it makes everything a little bit complicated." Garmadon said.

"Please stop using that name so loudly!" Zane pleaded. Garmadon sighed.

"It makes things even harder since you're hiding your identity. It'd be much more helpful if you just told them--" Garmadon looked at Zane, who looked at him with fear.

"---Forget I ask." Garmadon finished.

"I can't tell them. Not now, nor ever." Zane said, flipping the pancakes. He took the bacon off the fryer, and placed them in seven plates.

Garmadon laughed. "Forever? That's a tall order." Zane steeled himself.

"I know. But they can never find out." Zane stated, placing the finished pancakes into different plates. Right on time, five hungry ninjas wandered into the room.

"Hey Zane." Kai yawned, taking up a plate. Kai looked over at Garmadon, and stopped dead in his tracks. Unaware, Nya bumped straight into him, and her impact caused the plate to drop on the floor.

"Garmadon!" Kai shrieked, flames in his fists. Garmadon raised all four of his hands.

"Relax. I didn't threaten him this time around." Garmadon chuckled. Lloyd seemed extremely tired, as he didn't even notice the presence of his father.

"Hi Zane." Lloyd greeted him, giving him a small wave. The room watched as Lloyd tripped over Nya, and fell into the plate Kai had dropped. Bacon and pancakes covered his face.

Jay giggled in the background, then it became a full out laugh. Cole stared at him in annoyance, and the doors burst open to Wu and P.I.X.A.L. entering.

"Good morning everyone." Wu said. Zane offered him a plate, and Wu graciously accepted it. He poured himself a cup of tea, then looked at Lloyd.

"Why is my nephew on the ground?" Wu commented. Lloyd snored on the pancakes, and Cole cracked a smile.

Jay laughed hysterically in the distance, and went to get a plate.

"Thanks Zane." Zane gave him a warm smile, and Cole, Nya, and Kai went up to him.

"Mind if I get another plate?" Zane gave him his own plate, and Kai nodded him a thanks.

"Can I get my own? The sleeping ninja on the floor doesn't seem to care about his own." Garmadon spoke out loud. The whole room tensed up, and Zane watched as P.I.X.A.L. stared at him intently.

"It's actually for Lloyd." Kai said harshly.

Zane took out more bacon and pancake batter. "I'll just make some more." Zane declared. He reached for the butter when a hand stopped him.

"I'll help you." P.I.X.A.L. said. Zane blinked, and the whole room stared at the exchange. Zane smiled.

"Sure." He replied. Garmadon watched as the two cooked together, and smirked.

Zane could feel Garmadon's eyes staring at the couple, but felt more uncomfortable working around with P.I.X.A.L. The last two exchanges he had had with her, he had insulted her so badly, it rocked him to the core, and he had stabbed her with a knife twice.

"I wonder why he's targeting you." P.I.X.A.L. whispered over to Zane.

"I have the same thoughts. He even woke up earlier and sat there to watch me cook." Zane murmured, putting the pancake batter into the pan.

"Strange." P.I.X.A.L. replied, glancing back at Garmadon. Garmadon continued staring at the couple, and P.I.X.A.L. turned her head back to the stove.

The two loaded the plate with bacon and pancakes, and P.I.X.A.L. passed it on to Garmadon. Garmadon grinned at her, but P.I.X.A.L. ignored him and went to the table. Zane started cleaning up the kitchen, when he heard noise blaring from the radio.

--And now, an announcement over the Tournament of Blades.

"Hey Master Wu, that's the tournament you competed in." Kai commented, pancakes in his face. Garmadon looked over at Zane, who was clutching the silver bowl a bit too tightly.

Is he trying to aggravate me? Zane pondered, holding the bowl. He continued to wash the dishes when a certain speech flared up.

Recently, the member of Yulta known as Azne displayed a combat strength on par with Garmadon! The two went head to head in the tournament--

Kai shut off the radio, and the whole room descended into a foul mood. Garmadon almost burst out laughing at their faces, and Zane shook the bowl greatly.

"How come someone's so happy they lost?" Cole asked. The room stared at Garmadon, who had a smile on his face.

"It's hilarious how much these people think he actually defeated me." Garmadon commented.

"You mean, you let him win?" Nya asked. Garmadon nodded, and Zane scrubbed furiously against the bowl.

"You don't really think I fought him on par? If I did, I would've destroyed the arena, and the police would've pursued me more. But what triggers me is that Azne was holding back too."

"So that's why you want to fight him." Jay said. "To have a real match?"

"Exactly." Garmadon said, looking at Zane. Zane set the bowl on the drying rack, and shoved his attention onto washing dishes.

"Wait, but why participate in the first place?" P.I.X.A.L. asked suddenly.

"I've been searching for a real opponent to fight." Garmadon clarified. " I had heard about an extremely powerful fighter in the Tournament, but I had gotten wind they had stopped fighting after joining Yulta. By the time I had learned this, I was already in the tournament. "

"What was her name?" Nya spoke.

"Someone by the name of Kenya." Zane almost broke a plate.

"Though hearing that another Yulta member more powerful than her was competing, I decided to continue fighting. " Garmadon said. Zane placed the kitchen ware into a drier, and smiled.

"At least we have the name of two Yulta people now. Azne and Kenya." Cole muttered.

Wu set down his tea cup. "P.I.X.A.L., will you search up any information on Kenya? I want the rest of you six to help her find any leads on this matter."

"Understood Sensei." Everyone in the room said.