Episode 8

This investigation is getting no where. Zane thought. Currently, he was staring at one of the big screens at the monastery, searching for information on the gang.

The ninja had returned a couple days ago, which relieved Wu and P.I.X.A.L. as all of their transmissions were cut off. When they heard about what had happened, they were furious.

"We'll find that corporation, and the masterminds behind it!" Wu said.

The ninja had each split up to find information. Cole and Kai had headed to the police station, while Lloyd and Jay retraced to the last location in hopes of local information. Zane searched alone for any online information about the group.

However, so far, they had turned up close to nothing on the group. The entire system had seemed to have vanished. Even the corporation had mysteriously gone out of business the minute they returned.

Zane watched as the screen loaded, then glanced at his pocket. He could feel the rectangle card rubbing against suit.

Why do I still have this thing? About a week had passed, and he continued to carry the card around with him.

I could just dump it in the trash and forget about the entire fiasco! He glanced at the trash can, and was tempted to throw it away, but something stopped him.

Especially since that side of me has disappeared. Over the days he had returned, Zane had received hardly any flashbacks or nightmares. He had first thought it was due to the vengestone, but he had had the vision back in his prison cell.

He smiled. Well, I have no room to complain. The computer finished loading, and a image pulled up. A middle aged lady with glasses and a rose shirt appeared.

"P.I.X.A.L., I think I've got a lead on a connection to their organization." He said. P.I.X.A.L., who was working on a vehicle behind him, got up and looked at the screen.

"Multiple accounts of armed robbery, harassment, and shootouts? Why hasn't she been arrested yet?" She asked.

Zane pulled up more images, each showing broken cameras. "Probably because every time the event occurred, the entire camera system had went offline." He responded.

"But wouldn't there be enough eye witnesses to counter her argument?" P.I.X.A.L. said.

"I agree, but get this. Every eye witness recounted their tale, and some just went missing." He said.

"But how does that deal with the group?" She asked.

"Our culprit, who goes by Silica, apparently, had ties to them in her earlier days. I also was able to trace the name of the organization. It's called Yulta, and has existed right before Chen's defeat." Zane said.

"Well, at least we can finally stop calling them 'the organization.'" P.I.X.A.L. chuckled, and Zane did the same. The room became quieter, as they were the only two there.

Zane sighed internally. He had kept some distance from P.I.X.A.L. in fear of her discovery of his problem; thus causing an awkward atmosphere to appear whenever they were alone.

"So." He cleared his throat. "I'll tell Wu and the others about this update. I think we can find her here." He brought up a map.

"Right!" P.I.X.A.L. said sheepishly, moving back to repair the vehicle. The room, once again, became quiet.

Zane stared at the keyboards, searching for more information, then snuck a stare at P.I.X.A.L. P.I.X.A.L. was glaring right at his face, and Zane averted his eyes, returning them to the keyboard.