Episode 13

Zane drove along the road, his bags behind him. He placed the motorcycle on auto-pilot, then checked the card.

Prairie Valley, huh? Zane typed in the coordinates, and the GPS portrayed a map. It was only thirty minutes away.

Seeing no one on the road, he changed his form, and closed his eyes.

There's the bonfire again. He thought. The darkness swirled like a vortex around the bonfire, and the bonfire hissed back at it.

Wait a minute. Zane watched as a shower of flames burst from the bonfire, and headed into the darkness. The darkness greedily accepted it, and the same process repeated.

No, stop it! Zane cried out. If this process continued, he would be devoured by the scroll. Zane took in all the flames, then the darkness. He sighed, then chuckled.

I don't want to say it, but it feels so good to be complete. Zane thought. He opened his eyes, and found himself on the outskirts of Ninjago. A meadow laid on the right, but Zane found a gas station coming up. He drove in, then parked; heading into the station.

The man at the counter was staring at a magazine, and had headphones on. Zane glanced at his playlist, and saw him playing the ninja whip.

"Ehhem." Zane asked. The man glanced at Zane, then yawned.

"Welcome to Eleven O' Nine gas station. How may I be of assistance?" The man said in a bored tone.

"Do you know where Prairie Valley is?" The man looked up from his magazine.

"You are in Prairie Valley." He sighed, ignoring Zane and returning to his article. Zane gazed at him in annoyance.

Humans. He groaned. He left the building and took off on his bike. While he had hoped for some directions, it seemed he would have to rely solely on the GPS.

Why do they always find some way to annoy me? Zane thought. He passed a sign labeled Prairie Valley, and saw the town before him. It looked like a winded, old place; the street barely had any people, and the town seemed burdened by age. Zane parked his bike from across the post office and wandered around.

The town had a school building, town hall, a small shopping area. Zane checked the time. It was 6:25.

Where, exactly in Prairie Valley are we supposed to meet at? Zane thought to himself. He clenched his two bags, and walked over to the town hall. He felt a pulsing from his pocket, and found the card vibrating. Zane pulled it out.

Turn left. Zane looked up and saw an alley, and walked between it. The setting sun had no effect between the walls, as a frigid wind howled through. He set his bags down.

Don't move. Zane stood still and felt a presence behind him. Zane stared at the perpetrator with hard eyes

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You've gotta do a better job then that to catch me off guard." Zane said. Zane threw Juliet straight into the brick wall; hard enough to crush her arm.

Juliet groaned. "Hey, I just got my legs to work again. Now my arm's broken!" She said, waving around a broken arm.

"Don't sneak attack on me and I won't break your arm. Deal?" Zane said. Juliet nodded, then took out a lollipop. She stuck it straight in her mouth, and grinned. Zane rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Anyways, where's Muskrat?" Zane asked. Juliet stared at him.

"Oh him? He's doing something important at the moment. He told me to come fetch you." Juliet replied, sucking on the lollipop.