Episode 17

Zane slipped into one of the chairs, and the auditorium filled up rapidly. Soon enough, the room was crowded with people. Zane noticed as each person held some sort of weapon on them.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to the induction ceremony!" A young girl chorused in a microphone. Zane gasped -- it was the same girl who he had bandaged up on stage.

"While you all have probably received your cards, and know all the rules of our organization, I'll got over them briefly." The girl announced. Zane sat through the information and mandatory rules. Apparently, Juliet had managed to skip over the majority of the rules and abilities of the card, and his position. As to his earlier question over fighting, fights were tolerated, as long as they were settled out in an arena.

"Also, your card is extremely valuable, so please don't lose it." The girl announced. A few chuckles went around the room.

Zane looked over to this left, and watched a woman gazing her attention away from the speaker and at the balcony. Zane followed her gaze, and saw Juliet in the stands with others.

The woman stared in amazement, and pointed at balcony. Her gaze caused half the room to turn, and someone screamed.

"Is that Trystan?"

"It is! And it's Juliet the Rose!"

"What are they doing here? They don't ever come for some random inductees. And for all four of them to be here!" Someone shouted.

Zane looked back at the announcer, who grinned.

"Everyone please calm down." The girl said. It took about a minute for the room to calm down, and the girl sighed.

"I think I know why they're here." Zane looked at a man next to him.

"I heard that two big changes are being announced tonight. I know that one of them is about the man who reached the Arctic group. But I don't know about the other." He said. The people around him nodded in understanding.

"Now, the moment you all have been waiting for. The top five newest members!" The girl announced, excited. 

"In 5th place, we have Flyk, who's made 15,000th rank in Lyken." The room shouted in approval, and the man named Flyk waved.

"Please, no cheering during the announcements. Moving on, for fourth, we have Jasmine, who ranks 9678th in Lyken. As for third, we have Randi, who is 2,508th in Lyken, and for second, Yuma, who is 546th in Lyken." The entire room was in awe.

"546th? That's incredible!" The girl next to Zane said.

"While these all are amazing achievements for new members, I'm going to head into the first major announcement, which links to the highest tier new member." The girl cleared her throat.

"In first place, we have Azne, who reached--" The girl stared in shock at the paper she read, then continued on. "Who reached 5th rank, Arctic Class."

"Arctic Class?" The room erupted into murmurs.

"He's gotta be good. Seriously good." The woman next to Zane whispered.

"Before I ask for these members to join me onstage, we have another important announcement." The girl chimed, calling for order. The room once again, cooled down.

"Unlike the past decades, where we have remained neutral in the Tournament of Blades, this year, we have decided to participate." She read. The room started cheering, and the girl waved her arms. Everyone quieted down, and she started reading again.

"In addition, we have decided that our newest member, Azne, will represent us in the tournament!" She said. Confused expressions arose in the auditorium.