Episode 20

Zane started the engines, then took off. He had pinned another location using the card, and made sure to wash off any stains.

"Juliet, you hear me?" Zane said. Juliet yawned.

"Loud and clear. Are you in the city?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm near the subway station. Where do you want to meet up?" Zane asked.

"Head towards Griffin Avenue. I'll see you there." Juliet said. Zane drove towards the Avenue, then left the motorcycle at the side of the road.

"Bo!" She shouted. Zane looked over at her with boredom. Juliet frowned. "I thought you would be surprised." She said.

"I'm surprised that I still manage to bother with you." Zane replied. Juliet grinned.

"Well, you have to bother with me more! Anyways, we gotta take the chopper up there, so follow me!" Juliet skipped over to a large skyscraper, and the doors opened up. Zane followed her in, and the two stood out among the business men. Everyone in the main floor wore tuxedos and gowns in black.

"Where are we?" Zane asked. Juliet thought for a moment.

"I think this is another corporation. Tonight's the grand opening, so they're lots of wealthy investors, merchants, and some of Yulta's investors are here." She said.

"Aren't we a bit under dressed for this? In fact, we stand out quite a lot." Zane said.

"True, but most of the people here already know about Yulta, so we should be fine." Juliet said. The two approached the front desk, and a woman with glasses stared at them.

"Who're you? And what're you doing here?" The woman asked.

"I'm Juliet, and this is Azne. Hi!" Juliet said, perky. Zane groaned, and shook his head.

"I believe we're supposed to head to the top floor." Juliet said, waving around her membership card. The people around her gasped in recognition, but the woman remained oblivious.

The woman huffed."That ain't gettin' ya kids anywhere."

Zane raised his eyebrows, and Juliet waved him off.

"Are you sure? I think this was an all membership pass to the party." Juliet said with a smile, opening her eyes. While her smile seemed sincere, her eyes portrayed the exact opposite. The mood in the room suddenly dropped, and people whispered in fear.

The woman glanced around the room, finally noticing the change, but ignoring it.

"I'm sorry, but I can't have you ruffians waltzing into the room." She said.

Juliet cocked her head. "You pretty sure?" She drawled out. Juliet casually pulled out a long blade, drawing it across the counter top. "I wouldn't want anything bad to happen tonight. Today's the grand opening correct? It would be sad if the entire reception hall were to be mangled in bodies." She said. "Right Azne?"

Zane smirked. "Right." He said, revealing his two curved daggers. He threw the dagger to the doorway, chaining the people inside. The guests gulped.

"If you seem so insistent on coming in, I might have to call the guards." The woman replied.

"Oh please do. By all means." Zane said. "They'd come in, but what would they find? Oh right, a whole room full of bloody, strung out corpses, littering the floor." He said. The woman stared at him, and suddenly, a man broke into the doors. He gasped, then waved his hands.

"I'm so sorry." He said to Juliet and Zane. "You all are free to go. In fact, please go wherever you like. This place is yours." The man said, bowing. Juliet sat onto the counter, and frowned.