Episode 33

Zane met P.I.X.A.L., who stared into his eyes. Green eyes met white, ready to act on a moment's notice. The four other members of Yulta dropped in dead weight silence. Trystan glanced at Kenya, who, for the first time, seemed slightly worried. Juliet lowered her eyes, hands on her blades, while Gavin portrayed the same emotionless expression.

The audience seemed delighted in having the two tournament fighters in the vicinity, but the five members had the complete opposite expression. The one thought which connected to the four members of the Arctic circle was:

How's he going to react?

Zane blinked, grinning.

"It seems a ninja has found their way into the tournament." Zane said, unsheathing a blade. The four members all internally sighed.

"I'm not a ninja." P.I.X.A.L. replied stoutly. Zane smirked.

"Right, and pigs fly."

"I'm serious. I only assist in their missions." P.I.X.A.L. said. Zane paused.

"Assisting them makes no difference. You're part of the ninja." Zane's grin intensified.

"And, I really." Zane drawled out. "Really don't like people, or androids, in your case." Zane had his curved dagger in his hand. "Who get in the way of my fun."

P.I.X.A.L. visibly shuddered at the word of fun, then revealed her katanas. Zane looked at her with interest.

"Oh? It seems the robot has toys to protect herself." Zane mocked, P.I.X.A.L., glaring at him. Zane approached P.I.X.A.L., and P.I.X.A.L. readied herself into a fighting position. The four members glanced between P.I.X.A.L. and Zane, trying yet failing to hide their visible shock at the scene.

Zane stood, the two watching each other, when a great ruckus filled the air. All eyes turned their attention to Wu, who had made his way through the crowd. Wu had launched himself into P.I.X.A.L.'s shoulder, and the impact caused him to crash on the floor.

Wu got up and brushed himself, then looked at P.I.X.A.L. and Zane. He froze for a minute, then grabbed P.I.X.A.L.'s hand.

"Master Wu--"

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Wu apologized, bowing deeply. Zane sniffed.

"Inconvenience? Keep your robot under control, or it might end up in pieces." Zane scowled, marching over to Kenya. The crowd sighed, for they had been eager for a fight between the two fighters. Wu and P.I.X.A.L. dispersed, and the crowd with them. The courtyard remained empty, and the five Yulta members sat in stone silence.

"Nice job." Kenya said. Zane didn't meet her eyes. The waves crashed into the beach interrupted their silence, and Trystan looked backwards, then froze.

"Uh, guys?" Juliet and Kenya looked at him, while Gavin stared in silence.

Ice cracked up on the pavement, and it eroded the concrete floor.  Trystan backed off, holding a grappler in his hands, and Kenya braced herself. Juliet smiled.

"Cool! I bet this would be the perfect time for ice skating!" Juliet said excited. Trystan looked at her as if she were crazy, and Kenya looked at Zane. Zane took a deep breathe, then sighed.

"Of course she'd be here." A brief smile penetrated his face, then vanished. In its place, Zane lifted his hand, and erased the traces of ice.

"That was definitely unexpected." Trystan murmured.

"I still am an elemental master." Zane stated.

"Yes, but half the time you act like a murderer." Zane smirked, but threw a dagger at him. Trystan ducked, but the dagger split the wooden bench in half.

"I'm going to go check out the two nuisances." Zane said, sheathing his blades. Kenya nodded, and Zane left the plaza.

Zane swung onto the top of the hotel building, and hung on the edges of the ledge. The top of the hotel had couches lining the edges, and a couple looked in surprise at his sudden appearance.

Zane grinned manically at them, giving them a sense of fear, then glanced down.

Wu and P.I.X.A.L. walked side by side, and Zane leaped building by building, following them. The sun began to shine a red haze over the streets, and the lack of light limited the amount of people outside. Few stragglers ventured in the town.

Good. I can use the lack of sunlight to my advantage. Zane thought. He continued stalkig the duo, who seemed oblivious of the man on their trail. The two looked engrossed in a conversation, yet watched as Wu paused, looking back where Zane was at.

Zane quickly bent the water molecules in the air to make himself look invisible. Wu stared at he building, then the two kept walking. Zane dropped onto the other side of the street, re configuring his disguise to a second. He then crossed paths with the two, and bumped into Wu.

"I'm sorry." Zane said, planting a bug on Wu. Zane offered his hand towards Wu, and Wu took it and stood.

"No problem." Wu said cheerfully. P.I.X.A.L. stared at Zane, and Zane walked off from the two.

The bug is planted. With this, he would be able to hear whatever conversation the two had, and figure out if they were truly after him.

Satisfied, Zane began walking back to the hotel. The nighttime crickets chirped softly, and the waves crashed into the sand. Zane moved in silence, disguising into the form he used for the tournament.

A small lamppost shown in the night, and Zane spotted the hotel a block away.

Zane stopped his travel, then drew his blades.

"I didn't realize people were so eager to have their flesh gorged out." Zane said, smiling. The man in the corner walked into the lamp light, and Zane cocked his head.

"Maga, I presume?" Zane asked, narrowing his eyes. The man nodded.

"Azne?" Zane stared at him.

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. Who knows?" Zane smiled, laughing. He ended his laugh then looked at Maga.

Maga burned his red eyes into Zane. "Stay out of my way." Zane cocked his head.

"Your way? Is this a bit of rivalry I see?" Zane mocked. "If so, then I can't way to see how this goes!"

Maga drew a hidden blade and threw it at Zane, but Zane caught it, and observed it. He smirked.

"A bit of violence before the game? What fun. But I plan on saving this violence against you." Zane commented, throwing back the knife. Maga caught it and sniffed.

"Likewise." The two grinned at each other, and Maga retreated into the shadows. Noticing his presence gone, Zane decided to return back to the hotel.