Episode 25

Zane left the hotel, leaving everything behind except for the gadget and his weapon. He also had the four knives Juliet gave him.

The guards had instructed him to walk passed the street, and enter a museum. Zane looked up at the museum, and a sign overhead labeled it Flora and Fauna. Zane opened the door, and stepped inside.

While the museum had seemed vacant and empty outside, the inside proved to be the exact opposite. Hundreds of people filled inside the museum, and every person had a weapon of some sort. Some people talked in groups, while others stayed alone.

Zane ignored all of this and walked up to the registration area. A middle aged woman sat at the desk looking at a computer. She looked up at Zane.

"Registration device?" She asked. Zane took out the gadget from Juliet, and handed it to her. The woman took the device and scanned it, then gave it back to Zane.

The device latched on to Zane's clothes as a pin, and the woman stared at her computer.

"Azne, huh? Occupation: Bodyguard..." She trailed off.

"Wait, representative of Yulta?!" The woman shrieked. Heads turned in surprise at her statement, and a crowd began watching him with interest.

Zane grinned, and the woman shivered. Her whole opinion about the man changed in an instant, and she shakily nodded.

"You qualify." The woman stammered. "The doors will open in about ten minutes."

Zane walked over to view the museum, appearing to spectate the objects but was watching the other competitors. Many competitors gathered in clumps of people, and most whispered to one another, looking at Zane. One competitor looked at him, and Zane stared right back at him, grinning. The man dropped to the floor, afraid, and Zane reviewed his scan.

Someone threw open the doors of the hall, and Zane glanced back. The entire room hushed in silence, and the man walked over to the registration office with a smirk. The man had bright red eyes, and had a black leather jacket on. He wore jeans and had a white shirt, but had a mask over his face. Two small swords crossed his back, and the man entered into the registration office, then left himself in the corner.

"That's the man who won the last tournament....." Whispers once again coated the air.

So he won last time. Zane noted. Another participant entered the room, but the room neglected his presence. It was a man with a blue hat, blue shirt, and pants, but had two guns at his side.

This guy's trying so hard to look undercover. Zane snickered. The guy who entered was obviously a policeman trying to remain discreet. Only, his failure to remain discreet was what revealed his presence.

Zane watched with disinterest as more and more people joined, but almost ran out the door when a duo entered the room.

Wu and P.I.X.A.L walked into the museum, Wu holding his staff as a weapon, and P.I.X.A.L. with two katanas. The room hushed at their presence.

"Is that a ninja?"

"Wait, are we getting arrested....?" The room fell into a state of unease, but P.I.X.A.L. and Wu neglected their opinions and paraded over to the table. The two registered, and stayed in their own corner.

Zane stood, shocked. He gripped his weapon, letting his hands touch the cold, hard titanium.

This is a problem. Zane thought. He hadn't even considered Wu would participate, but it would make sense if Wu was trying to track down more information on Yulta. Zane just hoped they weren't suspecting he was Azne. A large beeping sound emerged over speakers, and a countdown showed up on the wall.

"Hi, can I have everyone's attention?" The fighters looked up at the speakers.

"The tournament will begin shortly, but I wanted to inform everyone that besides them is  a map of the island. You all are able to conduct fights anywhere within the island, but by leaving the island, you are disqualified. A red light will flash on your pin and fall off, indicating your disqualification." The woman spoke.

"I also want to inform you how your fights work. If a fighter loses conscious, or suffers life threatening wounds, the pin will become deactivated, and fall off. Also, we would like to avoid any deaths in this tournament, so please try not to kill anyone." The woman said. The people laughed, but Zane watched in silence.

"The doors will open shortly. After leaving this building, you are to free to fight anyone. Good luck!" The woman said.

Everyone descended into silence.

Wait, if the doors are the only way to exit, won't it be a manslaughter? Zane realized. He scanned the building for more exits, but only two appeared. Zane then glanced up at one of the museum windows near the top of the building.

"Three!" The woman shouted. "Two, One, Go!"

The fighters made a mad dash to the entrance, but only the policeman, P.I.X.A.L, Wu, and the man with red eyes remained. Wu gazed around at these people, then turned to Zane.

Zane smiled at him, then threw one of his daggers into the wall. He then leapt out the window, and lodged the second one into the tree. He then repeated this motion back and forth, swinging through the land, then jumped on top of a building.

Zane took his map up, then scanned it. He then brought up the map, and tossed out the paper copy.

So this is the island. Zane thought. The island was mostly covered in trees, but the most civilized section was the area he was in. There was a dock at the north side of the island, and an amusement park to the west, but otherwise, it was empty.

"Oh! I forgot to mention this, but please avoid targeting the hotels. Or else you won't have a place to sleep tonight." The woman said sheepishly.

Zane glanced down at the street, and noticed the lack of people.

I guess everyone spread out in order to survive. But the only problem is, by doing so, their are too many opponents left. So in other words. Zane gripped the chains. I have to pursue them.

Zane blocked an incoming bullet shock, and looked down. A group of people consisting of two men and one woman stared at him.

"He's the guy! The guy in the video!" The woman shouted, pointing at him. Zane grinned, then jumped off the building in front of them.

The men backed off, quivering at his face, and Zane sent out his weapon in a circle. The people failed to dodge, and every single one was hit in the neck with it. The three fell to the ground, and Zane heard their pins click off.

This place is leaving me too exposed. Especially since I'm known in that video. Zane looked at his oncoming opponents, then threw his dagger in both directions. The daggers hit his targets, and Zane took their bodies and flung it around him in a circle. The people attached to the dagger screamed, while four more were hit by the bodies. Zane dislodged the daggers, bringing two more people out the tournament, then ran up to his opponents. His opponents greeted him in shock at his speed, and failed to provide a well enough defense before Zane plunged his dagger in each person. More bodies fell behind him, totaling to around ten.

I'll head for the trees to track others and guard myself. Zane thought, leaving the town area. Zane ran into the foliage. The forest had a damp, moist climate, with bugs swarming around him.

Zane watched as a mosquito dropped down on him, then tried sucking blood. Zane slapped the mosquito, and looked up. Eight people stared at him from above, and Zane looked at them, amused. The group looked at him, stunned he noticed them, then attacked with their weapons. Zane flung off their attacks, then responded with his own. Zane moved from person to person, jabbing his blade in each person, then leaping into the trees. The people screamed at his attack, falling unconscious as they hit the jungle floor. A pool of blood drenched the area.

Zane leapt over the tree foliage, then looked above. He saw the dock in the distance, then the amusement park.

If I can establish a stronghold at the dock, it'll be easier to attack. Zane thought. With this in mind, Zane dropped to the forest floor, running through the jungle.