Episode 38

Maga drew his two long swords, then hosted them in the air. Zane whirled his dagger in his hand, walking on the stadium.

The two confronted each other on the open field, and each had a smirk plastered on their faces.

"Try and survive." Maga catcalled.

"I could say the same." Zane replied. He took out both daggers and swung them using the chains, the silver reflecting on the bright side.

Maga took a step forwards, and ran at Zane. Zane grinned. The battle had finally begun.

With simple movements, Zane avoided Maga's attacks, blocking the brunt of the sword with the dagger. The two locked themselves in a battle of strength, Maga pushing down on Zane, and Zane pushing back.

"I see you actually do have some resistance in you." Maga commented.

"I see that someone does have strength behind their attacks. This'll be interesting." Zane bit back, smiling.

The two broke their test of strength, and Maga followed up with another sword attack. Zane moved to dodge, and swung his blade in a wide circle. Maga dodged, then dug his foot into the ground. He paused, then charged at Zane.

Zane responded with a flurry of knife attacks, and kept up with Maga's speed. Maga widened his eyes in surprise, then smiled. Zane did the same.

The audience only saw a blur of movements cascading through the arena. The two had began the fight at a normal pace, but were surely holding back based on their performance.

Maga took his second sword and used it like a shield, while Zane used both daggers to attack Maga. Zane sliced his daggers one after the other, while Maga bit back and blocked each attack.

Zane took one of his blades, then swung it at a faster rate at Maga, but Maga remained calm, and blocked the attack.

He's fast. Zane noted. The speed at which Zane had attacked at was barely visible to the human eye, but Maga held a calm expression.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Zane thought. Zane jumped away from Maga, but Maga instead bridged the gap between them. Zane held off his attacks, and Maga jumped back. The two stared at one another, ready for any sign of attack. Maga backed off, and held the swords calmly.

"Not bad. But can you deal with this?" Maga started off and ran at Zane, but his speed had dramatically increased.

I guess this is the first time I've ever said this, but nice. Zane brought his dagger upon Maga, yet it moved so fast, it cleanly cut the earth below. Rocks burst forth in the arena, and a cloud of dirt flew into the air.

"Cool! I wish I could go that fast." Juliet complained.

Kenya sighed. "I can't even see them anymore." Gavin nodded.

"I don't even know who's winning." Trystan replied.

Above the four members sat Wu and P.I.X.A.L., who had earned a spot in the stadium at the last second. Wu sat his cup down on a plate, and P.I.X.A.L. stared at the two in utter silence.

Wu sighed. "Can you see them P.I.X.A.L.?" He asked, rubbing his fingers on his forehead.

"Yes. But the speed they're fighting at is extremely alarming. One small move could be fast enough to obliterate the entire stadium." P.I.X.A.L. said.

Zane sailed overhead and whipped the two razor blades down at Maga. Maga dodged each blow, and the rubble caused by it.

Zane frowned, and landed on the floor.

"You're not suffering." He grumbled, retracting the two blades to fit in his hands. Maga let out a small chuckle.

"You're keeping up with my speed. Now this is the most fun I've had in ages."

Zane sighed, and rolled his eyes. "I didn't want to do this. Not here, and definitely not now, but I hate it when my opponent doesn't get to feel pain."

Maga let out a small bark. "And what does that call for?"

Zane grinned widely. "I'll show you. I do hope these blades can keep up with this."

Maga stared at Zane, readying his weapons, then saw a knife sailing into his eye. Maga barely dodged the throw, and the dagger hit the stadium wall. The wall cracked, then broke into pieces.

"The uncertainty plastered over your face. It's so fascinating."

Maga looked backwards and saw a dagger arching behind him, and he blocked it with his blades. Maga felt a tingle of air brush behind him, but he ducked to see the whistling of the second dagger on him.

"You can still see me? Impressive. But it seems as if you can barely hang on." Zane taunted. Zane extended the chains to its furthest length, and rotated them to chase Maga. Maga dug his sword into the ground, and used his second to prevent every attack.

How is it even possible to fight at this speed? Maga pondered. Maga heard a cracking noise, and saw his blade breaking from the strength of his attack.

Maga cursed, and reared the second blade to dodge. He flung aside the first blade, and placed the second in its holster. The man with red eyes pushed himself in mid-air, but Zane turned his white eyes to follow him.

"Escaping isn't possible." Zane said, twisting his eyes and smile towards Maga. Maga stayed calm, but quickly raised his blade to stop the two weapons from hitting him. Titanium sparked against steel, and the steel fended off the other's attack.

"It seems as if you forgotten something." Maga looked over to find Zane whispering in his ear. A little stunned, Maga forced himself to concentrate and distanced himself from Zane. But with only a small whistle in the air, Maga felt something stuck in his leg. He looked down to find the second dagger protruding through his leg.

"Oh? I guess I will be able to hear some screams today." Zane ripped the blade from Maga's leg, but Maga calmly hit the floor, bending his knees without the slight hint of pain.

Zane chuckled, and Maga did the same. Zane raised his eyebrows, and Maga's laugh echoed throughout the room. An eerie silence descended into the stadium, and the crowd looked at him in confusion.

"P.I.X.A.L."

P.I.X.A.L. followed Wu's voice, and Wu set aside his tea cup. All eyes were trained onto the fight, and he stared in deep concentration. Wu looked up at P.I.X.A.L., and P.I.X.A.L. saw his dead serious expression.

"The fight's finally begun." He spoke.

"What the..." Kenya trailed off. Juliet focused her eyes on the fight with concern written on her face. The audience watched as Maga grabbed his helmet, and twisted it off. Maga threw it off, and the helmet bounced into the stadium.

The entire stadium was filled with a silence so big, a pin drop could be heard.

"That's.......!" Trystan yelled, planting his hands on the stadium railing.

"Garmadon." Gavin finished. Garmadon flung his coat to the side, revealing four midnight arms. Garmadon revealed four more blades, and purple fire lined up each blade. Garmadon looked at Zane.

"Now let's fight."