Episode 41

Juliet bounced like a kid around him, and Zane observed her in utter disgust. Juliet looked up at his face, and frowned.

"Hey, I was giving you a goodbye!" She pouted. Zane loaded his new silver blades on his back. The blades were re-enforced with silver, and this time, would be able to withstand an elemental attack. The chains were also made of the same caliber, and had a high durability.

Trystan waved to him from a distance, and Kenya did the same. Zane sighed, and threw his card on the floor. The elevator began to close, and hazy yellow lights flared in the darkness. The elevator jerked him right and left, and Zane clutched onto the handle bars to limit the force pushed upon him.

The elevator continued this action for the next five minutes, and Zane lost all sense of direction. Eventually, the doors opened up, and Zane found himself back in Prairie Valley.  The small town seemed to be waking up from the early minutes of dawn, as people started to move hastily between place to place.

Zane spotted his bike parked in a parking lot, and entered the lot. Few cars remained their, and the guard on duty snored.

Zane jumped over the fence, and took out the keys for the bike. He started the engine, but realized the guard had woken up from the noise.

The guard yawned, and opened his eyes. Zane drove up to the exit, and guard studied him for a moment. Zane had his hands over his weapon, and the guard narrowed his eyes.

"Wait, aren't you Azn--" With a quick movement of his knife, Zane pinned the guard against the wall of his outpost, and held a knife over his face.

"I guess the casualty amount increases today?" Zane said with a smile. The man waved his hands, then took our a membership card. Zane dropped the guard from his grip, and the guard let out a big sigh of relief. Zane smiled maniacally.

"But if I see you spreading rumors about me being here." Zane dragged the long blade into the floor of the outpost.

"I guess I might have to return to finish you off." Zane said with a smile. The man trembled in fear, but Zane smirked and went back on his motorcycles. He revved the engines, and he took off.

I have to get rid of this disguise, or else it'll attract to much unwanted attention. Zane scowled. He changed back into his normal form when no one was on the road, and drove back in the direction of the monastery.

A light fog covered the roads while the morning sun rises into the sky, but Zane placed the vehicle back in autopilot mode. He sighed, then took himself back into the mindscape.

The pristine lake glimmered in the warmth of the sunlight, but Zane had one goal in mind - destroy it, and let him return to his old self. He placed his hands into the water, and tried pulling the two apart.

Blistering pain beat apart the nindroid, and Zane almost staggered back. The pain he felt was almost twice the amount he had felt before, but Zane grimaced, and continued his actions.

The beauty of the world began breaking apart in fragments, but Zane persisted. He had to do this. He had to, or else his friends would see what a monster the ice emperor was.

The pain felt like a burning agony, and it hit Zane to the very cord of his heart. Red alerts appeared all over his face, but Zane ignored them and finally took apart the flames and darkness. The world morphed into a bleak landscape again, and Zane collapsed on the floor.

He recollected himself, and stood up to find an odd appearance. A large, white gash had appeared in the dreamscape, and it seemed like a crack in the world.

What is this? Zane watched as the crack grew, like a crack in the earth, but stopped.

Weird. But nevertheless, I'm me. He thought joyfully.