Chapter 4

Leah

Parking my car in the school parking lot, I still had 20 minutes to spare before my first class. I grabbed my backpack and got out of my car, locking it. But before I could step further, someone tackled me to the ground.

"Le-Le-Poo." Hearing his voice brought an instant smile to my face. It had been two weeks since I last heard his voice. I was missing him and the weird nickname that he gave me in middle school.

"Jo-Jo-Goo," I cooed as I returned his bone-crushing hug. And let me tell you, never ever try to hug a 6'2, well-muscled boy when he is literally crushing you down on the hard, concrete floor.

"I've missed you so much, Leah."

"Alright big boy, I missed you too but you need to get off of me. You're crushing my ribs." And my boobs. I wanted to add but stayed quiet.

"I'm hurt, you know. I thought that not talking for two weeks with me will make you admit your undying love for me." He grinned at me.

"Okay Jo-Jo, I love you so much that if you don't get off this instant, I won't hesitate to kick you in your family jewels." I glared at him and lifted my leg, ready to kick him.

"Damn girl. Did Ethan wake you up again?" He got up offering me a hand to get up as well.

"When does he not?" I snorted as I got on my feet.

He pulled me to his chest, hugging me properly this time. "Oh, you poor little thing." He kissed the top of my head.

Jordan Hughes, my best friend, is a 6'2 well-built boy with defined facial features and a flop of dark hair on top of his head. His caramel-brown eyes always had warmth in them that can literally melt your heart.

Jordan and I met on the first day of seventh-grade. It was lunch and I was sitting at my table with my friend, Lydia, eating my lunch when he had walked up to us and sat down at our table along with his twin sister, Avery, and they had offered us doughnuts. Honestly, can you refuse that? We instantly bonded over some good food and in no time, the four of us became really good friends.

A loud groan from Jordan broke us apart from our hug and I looked over his shoulder at my best friend who had slapped Jordan's back and was now glaring at her twin brother.

Avery Hughes was the feisty twin with a petite frame of 5'2 and the same facial features as that of her brother with her dark wavy hair falling past her shoulders. And you would never want to get on her bad side. She does hit really hard.

Grinning at her, I immediately rushed to tackle her into a big hug. Pulling back from the hug, I slapped her arm, hard.

"Hey, hey, woman, you don't get to hit people. That's my job." Avery hissed as she rubbed the red spot on her arm where I'd hit her.

"Two weeks, Aves, two weeks. It had been two weeks since you were gone. And you both buffoons didn't even call. Didn't even think of sending me a single message, did you?" I punched both the twins this time.

"Ow woman that hurts." It wasn't Jordan or Avery who said that. It was both of them.

"Your twin telepathy creeps me out." I shook my head at them.

They both shared a look and started laughing. After they had calmed down, Avery explained to me that her nana's place had a very poor signal, and hence they couldn't call. "Plus we were busy stuffing our faces with food." She added with a chuckle.

"Pigs" I muttered under my breath just when the bell rang indicating that we need to get our asses moving to the first class.

"I heard that, " again it was the both of them and this time I smacked them upon their heads.

__________

I walked towards my first class which was history. And I did not like that class whatsoever. It wasn't like I didn't like the subject. It was our teacher, Mr. Dickson- his name did suit him- that I didn't like since he had this weird tendency to randomly pick on the students and ask them the year of a particular event that has happened in the past. And I, Leah Scott, couldn't remember even a single date even if my life depended on it.

And Ethan sharing this class with me was just a cherry on the cake.

Entering my first class, it was what you'd expect high school class to look like after a summer break. People gossiping around.

I took a seat in one of the middle rows and pulled out my phone to kill the time. Just when I unlocked my phone, it was plucked from my hand and I didn't even have to look at the person to know who it was. There was only one person who liked to test my temper.

I glared at him. How dare he annoy me thrice in a matter of just two hours?

"It's a good thing that you look cute when you glare." He poked my cheek and just like that me glaring at him turned into me blushing a bright red as he took a seat beside me, slinging his arm over the back of my chair and stretching his legs in front of him.

"Bison," I mumbled and rolled my eyes at him.

"Nah. I prefer the term 'beast', my Belle." He winked at me and returned back my phone just when Mr. Dickson started with the class.
__________

It was the last class of the day and everyone was waiting for the tardy bell to make its shrill noise.

Our first day at school was as boring as it could be. Even at lunch, the four of us- Jordan, Avery, Ethan and I kept our talking to the minimal. The guys talked about sports and Avery was blabbering about her latest crush at her nana's place. Nothing new here.

Our group consisted of seven people with Ethan being the latest addition during the freshman year. The other three were still enjoying their vacation with their respective families. Good for them.

Finally, the bell rang signaling the end of the class. I rose to my feet and sprang out.

The hallway that leads to the parking lot was crowded with skyscraper-sized human beings, making it difficult for me to navigate my way out.

I reached the parking lot and started walking towards my car. As I neared the spot where my car was parked, I saw a few people gathered around something.

Pushing myself through them and muttering a few apologies, I reached the front. The sight in front of me had me gasping.

In front of me stood my car with hundreds of  sticky notes stuck along the dimensions of my car. I walked towards my car and pluck out a note that had a heart drawn on it. And that wasn't it. The windshield of the car had the biggest note stuck on it with the words 'with love from Ethan' with a winky face scribbled on it. I was fuming.

Ethan Adams better be planning his funeral.

******

Hope you like this chapter.

Until next time.