Chapter 8

Leah

"What's with the scowling face, Leah?" Adrian asked me when I was stuffing my locker with my finished assignments.

"Ask that to your friend," I replied with a hard glare as I slammed the door of my locker shut. I shouldn't be taking out my frustration on others. But I can't help it if someone doesn't let me sleep peacefully.

"Man, you need to stop doing that to her." He flicked Ethan's ear causing him to frown. Now I feel bad for snapping at Adrian.

"Where's the fun in that?" And just like that, his frown turned into a sadistic smirk directed towards me. I flipped him the bird.

It was Friday and Ethan had again woke me up at six. I would have let it go if he hadn't kept me awake till almost three in the morning because he couldn't sleep. So he kept on spurting out random things that I had no idea about.

"I pity you, Leah" Adrian replied with sympathy in his emerald green eyes. 

Adrian Williams, who stood 6'3 tall, was the most sensible in our group. With intense green eyes and dirty blonde hair, he has girls swooning at him.

"When is Lydia returning back from her vacation?" He asked me as we were heading to our first class with Ethan hot on our tails.

"You would know," I smirked at him. His ears turned pink as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

He was so smitten by her.

Adrian had this huge soft corner in his heart when it came to my best friend, Lydia. Adrian and his family moved to our town in the middle of seventh grade and they had their house on the same street as of Lydia's.

"Dude, you are so whipped." Ethan slapped the back of his head as the three of us entered our class and took our seats.

"You shouldn't be the one talking," Adrian smirked at Ethan. That's how the staring contest began between both the boys with the difference being Adrian's stare was playful while Ethan's stare was a murderous.

And I just sat there confused, sandwiched between them as they communicated through their eyes.

Okay. What's going on? 

Their staring match was abruptly brought to an end by our teacher's shrill voice. 

__________

It was lunch and I was waiting by Avery's locker for her to show up already since she had asked me to wait. Our entire group was in the cafeteria, having lunch and here I was waiting oh so patiently for our little Miss Hughes to grace us with her presence. She was taking forever.

I stood there tapping my foot for five minutes and mentally strangling Avery, repeatedly, for 7 times, still no signs of her. I want my food. This girl was so testing my patience. Everyone was at the cafeteria, eating food so the entire hallway was empty except for a few juniors loitering at their lockers while using their phones or gossiping about the latest highschool news.

Finally, I saw the sight of my friend rushing towards her locker or more likely towards me, whilst shaking furiously. As she neared I noticed she was shaking her boobs?

What the-

"Aves I know you're proud of your original boobs unlike some girls here who have a fake pair, but you need to stop this." Those were her words when we were in our sophomore year. 

That received me a hard smack on my arm, but it still didn't stop her. A few of the juniors were staring at her or more likely her chest area while she continued her shaking. Perverts.