Chapter 7

Leah

While Ethan was rinsing his mouth in his bathroom to get rid of the mouthful of the cake, I rushed into the kitchen to get him a glass of milk in order to soothe his taste buds.

Honestly, I was feeling bad for him. Just a bit. Not so much because the bastard deserved that for covering my car with sticky notes.

He walked down and immediately rushed towards the faucet to drink some water. I slapped his hand away.

"First you feed me that cupcake of yours that had tonnes of spice in it, might I add, and now you're refusing me from drinking water. I know you hate me but please I don't want to have taste disorder for the rest of my life." He glared at me.

"Water will just intensify the heat, Ethan. Chug some milk and you will be fine." I said. I handed him the glass of milk and he gulped down the entire glass in one go, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I still can't feel my tongue. Did I swallow it or something?" He stuck out his tongue and went cross-eyed. "Leah, can you see my tongue? Please tell me it's still there." He rambled like a kid.

"I didn't even empty the entire spice jar in it. And you just took a bite of that cupcake. Stop being so dramatic." I rolled my eyes at him. 

I knew that the cupcakes were really spicy and I was feeling a bit guilty now, but I so wasn't going to admit it. Not in front of him anyway.

"Oh, so I am being dramatic now, eh?" He retorted and started striding towards me. With each step he took forward, I had to take a step back. This continued until my back hit the wall but that didn't stop him. 

When did this wall come here? 

Stupid wall and stupid Ethan.

He kept on taking steps towards me, until there was almost negligible space left between us, with a glint in his eyes that he always had whenever I was in deep trouble. He raised his arms up and cracked his knuckles. When he wiggled his fingers, I knew what was coming.

"Little Leah is in trouble." He smirked.

"Ethan no. I'll kill you," Before I could run off he held me in place with one hand.

"Ah...Ethan, d-don't. S-stop it!" 

"If someone were to hear you, they'd think you're doing the dirty," He leaned down and whispered in my ear.

I would have retorted back if I wasn't so busy laughing my pants off and trying to fill my oxygen-deprived lungs with air. 

Ethan was tickling my sides and I was begging him to stop doing that. 

He knew I was extremely ticklish.

"This is what you call being dramatic, Leah." Tears were streaming down my face and I had to gasp for air, that's how hard I was laughing.

His fingers stopped their torture and I collapsed onto his chest because of the exhaustion his relentless tickling caused me. 

"I know you like my oh-so-melodious laugh." I mocked, as I wiped away my tears after I had calmed down.

"Are you serious? I mean yeah, if a duck that's been violently throwing up sounds melodious to you, sure." I mockingly punched his shoulder but couldn't help the snort that escaped my throat. 

After my breathing returned to normal, I pushed myself away from his chest but realised that his hand was still holding me in place, his scent engulfing me.

I looked up at him and was about to pinch his arm when the look in his eyes stopped me from doing so. It was a strange emotion, one that I couldn't place my finger on. I should be putting space between us but the intensity in those blue-pools of his, as they held my gaze, dared me to go against them.

His eyes traveled my entire face and his grip on my waist tighten. He lifted up his arm and brushed away a few curls that had managed to escape from my ponytail. I was so lost in the moment that I failed to notice the commotion at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Ice Cream!" Ivan and Ivory's shout brought us back to reality and we pulled away instantly putting a considerable amount of distance between us.

"Go on and put on your shoes, we'll be there in a minute," Ethan said to the twins and they happily obliged.

"What?" I asked him when I noticed he was still looking at me but this time with an amused smile on his lips.

"You're just too adorable for your own good." He pulled the rubber band from my hair, ruffled them up, and walked out of the kitchen.

"Ethan Adams!" I shrieked. 

"I know my name." He yelled back fro the front door.

I did not like it when someone messed up my hair. 

A bit of advice for curly-haired people, never ever try to comb your hair with your fingers as it is the most painful thing to endure. Painful for your fingers of course!

Sometimes there's even a fear of not getting your fingers back.

And I'm so not being dramatic here.

I sighed and walked towards the three siblings that were now getting into the elder one's car. I punched his shoulder as soon as I got in the passenger seat of his grey chevy and put on my seat belt.

"Hey, no hitting your driver." He backed out of his driveway and started driving.

"Can't help if the driver is a jerk." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"A hot jerk, you want to say?" He provided.

"Hey, Ethan?"

"Hmm?"

"Your hotness is causing suffocation in the car. Mind if I throw you out?" I smiled sweetly at him and when I saw he was about to retort back, I began again "If you don't shut up this instant, I won't hesitate to push you out of your own car," I threatened.

He made an action of zipping up his mouth and returned his attention to driving. The twins were silent the entire car ride because of their motion sickness. 

A few minutes later, Ethan parked his car into the small parking lot of the ice cream parlour. 'Scoop' was written across a big brown board in red and white bold letters. 

We entered the shop and twins rushed towards the counter and stuck their faces on the glass of the ice cream fridge looking over the variety of flavours.

Ethan and I went to order our ice creams after the kids decided what flavours they will have. He reached out to grab his wallet but I beat him to it and placed the necessary amount on the counter.

"Why would you do that?" Ethan complained.

"I had promised the kids, remember? So, my treat." Not waiting for his reply, I pat his back and skipped back to where the twins were, getting myself a double choco-chip ice cream.

We finished our ice creams and got into the car, where the twins were bickering in the backseat. Sugar-high kids, where did the motion-sickness go?!

Ethan parked his car in his driveway and we all got out. The twins tugged at my hand for me to crouch down so that I was of their height. They both hugged me and kissed my cheeks and rushed into the house after saying goodbyes.

"Goodbye Ethan," I said and started to leave when he called out.

"What? No goodbye hug and kiss for me?" He pouted. Is it even possible for this guy to be any more adorable than he already was?!

I walked over to him and gave him a hug and kissed his cheek. 

"There. Happy now? Goodbye Ethan." He stood there with his jaw dropped. "Oh and don't forget to collect your jaw from the floor." I winked and left him standing there shell-shocked. 

Well, I don't blame him. My actions shocked me too.

******
Don't be a silent reader. Let me know your views on this chapter in the comments section.

Until next time.