Chapter 35

'Infinity' by One Direction. Play the song while reading the chapter. Happy reading.

Jordan

"Were you even going to tell me about it?" She asked looking at me, waiting patiently for me to gather my words. Honestly, she was much calmer than what I'd thought she'd react when all of it will be out in the open.

Instead of answering her question, I just nodded my head at her, without meeting her gaze that I knew was just filled with so many questions that I eventually have to answer. Doesn't matter if I want to or not, she deserves to know.

"Why wait till the video then?" I finally met her gaze and her eyes bore into mine, challenging me against avoiding her gaze again.

"I didn't even know someone was taping Adrian and my conversation." Damn you, Jessica Marvin. I knew I saw some movement at the end of the corridor while we were talking and now she had posted it over social media. "She uploaded this on social media an hour ago." At this, her eyes widened ever so slowly that they became too big for her face.

"She posted this on social media?" She stood up angrily, her fingers curling up into fists, "That brainfucked squeaky duck! I will rip out her tongue." Leah seethed as her face became red because of how angry she was. "No, wait. Not her tongue. Lord knows what she uses it for." She visibly shivered, her words grossing herself out. And I couldn't help but laugh at it. Calling someone brainfucked squeaky duck? That's colourful, alright.

"Why didn't you tell me when it all happened?" She asked, folding her arms across her chest and taking her place on the concrete bar.

"Carnival wasn't the right place or time to tell. After we walked out of the carnival, you drove off with Ethan." 

"Why not the next day? Or any other day for that matter?" She looked at me curiously, studying my face with her intense gaze.

"Forget about telling you earlier, Leah, if I'd have had the courage, then don't you think I'd have kissed you in a way that you would know it was me?"

She was quiet for some time after that, taking in what I said and staring off into space. She put her hand on my knee and pushed it down to stop it from bouncing any further. It was a nervous habit of mine which I knew annoys her to no extent. 

"I regret it, Leah." The words were out before I could even stop myself. 

"Huh? You do?" There was no emotion behind her words.

"I do. I regret kissing you knowing you liked someone else. But I'd be lying if I said I regret the kiss."

"You are confusing me." Her eyebrows were pinched together in confusion as she peeled the skin around her thumb.

"I don't regret the kiss, Leah. I just regret doing it without your consent." She gasped at my words and I rested my elbows on my knees and placed my head in palms, facing her to see her reaction. She was shocked, to say the least, and my eyes fell on her lips which were parted because of the gasp. Upon noticing my gaze, she turned her face to look ahead of us as the heat rose to her cheeks.

"Then why do it? Knowing you would regret it." The way she asked it, it was as if she realised why I did what I did. The way she was looking told me she has already figured it out.

"I don't think you would want to hear it," I answered honestly.

"I need to hear it. Whether I want to hear it or not doesn't matter." She said firmly as her hand rose to her mouth to nibble on the skin around her thumb that she'd peeled off earlier.

"You might have come across these cliches where they fall for their best friend? It's quite true, actually."

"You mean…"