Chapter 40

Leah

"What happened to you?" Mom asked me as I flipped through the channels on the TV of the living room.

"Huh?" I asked, confused, and folded my sprawled out legs underneath me when I saw mom coming to sit next to me on the sofa. She pressed a hand to my forehead and a crease formed between her eyebrows. "I'm fine, mom. Don't worry." I assured her.

"How can I not, Leah? It's just five-thirty in the morning on a Saturday and instead of being fast asleep in your bed, here you are, in the living room, on the sofa, watching some random show. That's so not you." She sighed as I kept my face blank. "What happened, Leah? I've never seen you like this before. For how long have you been here?"

"For the past forty-five minutes," I answered and she placed her hand on mine which was resting on my knee.

"What happened, Leah? Anything bothering you?"

"Mom, don't worry, please. Everything is alright." I tried to reassure her by smiling at her.

"Yeah, right, and I'm not your mother." She rolled her eyes at me and I snorted. She's just so cute.

"Alright, alright, but before I tell you, promise me you won't freak out."

"Leah, get to the point. It's too early." She yawned and rubbed her eyes with the heels of her palms.

"I kissed Ethan." I closed my eyes and opened a slit to peek a look at her reaction. When I dropped the news, her hands stopped at her cheeks, her eyes going wide ever so slowly and her jaw dropping, all too dramatically.

"Say something." I brought my knees to my chest and rested my head on them.

"Can I scream?"

"No," I said flatly and her face fell. "Mom it's five-thirty in the morning. You'll wake dad up."

"Who will wake dad up?" Dad entered the living room whilst rubbing his eye with his fist.

Great.

So I'm going to be talking about my kiss with Ethan at freaking five-thirty in the morning with my parents.

Yeah, my life is great. How about you?

"Leah kissed Ethan." Mom blurted out and earlier I was unsure about how these two could have fallen for each other but now I was damn sure that these two were literally made for each other. Because dad's reaction was exactly the same as mom's. Including all the minor details.

"I want to scream. Can I?" See. Totally a match made in heaven.

"Yeah, yeah go on." I sighed and rubbed my temples whereas they both let out a shrill scream.

Of course, they got excited. They've been rooting on us for a long time now and finally, when they got to hear what they've been wanting to hear, they lost it.

I shook my head and chuckled at their excitement yet there was this nervousness settled at the back of my mind. I was nervous to face Ethan. Nervous as to what he might have to say. After all, he didn't respond to the first kiss. But damn that second kiss. It was just right, just perfect. The intensity that I felt, those few moments of connectedness that I felt, it meant everything to me. I was anxious because I had no idea whether he too felt the same or not. What did it mean to him? Did it even mean anything to him at all?

"Leah?" Mom waved her hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" Guess I zoned out.

"What's bothering you, kid?" Dad's voice was concerned as he sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder in a comforting manner. I sighed and leaned into him as I answered them everything that was there to tell.