Chapter 21

Leah

Aunt Scarlet was a bitch.

I cursed under my breath and grumpily opened the bathroom door as my aunt Scarlet decided to give me a visit for the month at fucking two a.m. at night. Out of all the hours of the day, of course, she had to come at such an ungodly hour.

And let me tell you one thing. My aunt Scarlet was definitely not a happy person. Whenever she visits me, I always get severe cramps along with mild nausea. And it sucks to not be in the comfort of my bed with my mom rubbing my tummy till my cramps go away. I was so badly missing her.

I finished up my business in the guest bathroom and twisted the knob to open the door and get back to my room, but the door wouldn't budge. What the hell was wrong with the knob? I twisted it further but still, the door wouldn't open. 

Then I realised that I was twisting it in the opposite direction.

"I heard some-"

"God, Ethan, you scared me." I placed my hand on my chest to steady my heart as I looked up at his disheveled face, his eyes looked tired and his hair sticking out in all direction as if messed up multiple times. But the boy still managed to look good.

"Are you okay?" He asked me and rubbed his eyes.

"Aunt Scarlet gave me a visit." I shrugged and rubbed my tummy as the period cramps started kicking in.

Yes, I have named my periods.

"Who?" His eyebrows pinched together in confusion "Oh..." he trailed off and his ears turned pink as realisation dawned upon him.

"Why are you awake?" 

"I was already awake. Heard someone cursing and some noise, thought I might check."

"Sorry if I woke you up," I said "No scratch that. I'm not sorry. You always wake me up at six." I stuck my tongue out at him. Mature, I know.

"I'm just going to ignore that." He messed up his hair further and a sudden jolt of pain in my tummy caused me to hiss.

"Leah?" 

"I'm fine. Just period cramps. No big deal. You can go back to sleep." 

"Yeah as if I'm going to leave you alone in that state." He gestured towards my slightly bent posture and my hand that was rubbing my belly. "You go to your room. I'll get some painkillers for your cramps." 

I smiled and nodded my head at him as I went to my room and sat on my bed, my head resting against my headrest and knees pulled up to my chest to try to make the pain go away.

I winced as the cramps began to get worse. It's like someone is shredding your uterus into pieces as you bleed it out. And the visuals gave me a sudden urge to puke as I rush into the bathroom, my head above the toilet bowl, as the food from the carnival exited my system from the source of the entrance. 

Someone pulled my hair away from my face and started rubbing my back as I emptied my guts into the toilet. Once done, I sat on the floor as tears from all the puking rolled down my cheeks and Ethan wiped them off.

"Better?" He asked me as he wiped my face with a wet towel. Fearing how bad my mouth must be stinking I just nodded my head and got up to rinse my mouth to get rid of the acidic taste. It's a gross feeling.

"I'll get you something to eat. You go ahead." He tilted his head in the direction where my room was and I nodded, obeying what he said.

I curled up in my bed, still rubbing my tummy as Ethan walked in with a plate of toast and a glass of water.