Chapter 34

Leah

Life has its own way of making you suffer by giving you a flicker of happiness and then later pissing on it. Seriously though, there's this tiny moment of little joys and then the harsh reality is slapped across your face.

Let's look at some of the live examples of how life fucks Leah over and over again.

I was on cloud nine when our P.E. class for the remainder of the year was announced to be cancelled on Monday, two weeks ago but then the lightning in that cloud hit me in the ass when our P.E. classes were substituted for bloody Dickson's class. So for the past two weeks, instead of the usual twice a week history class, we had to endure Dickson for fucking four times a week. 

Other than Dickson gracing us with his presence another eventful thing that happened in the past two weeks was Avery and Nolan. They did make it official after talking to Jordan on the same day he had punched Nolan and now all those two do is suck each other's faces and Jordan literally has to push Nolan away from Avery whenever he's around them.

So as I was walking out of the history class, mentally cursing Mr. Dickson for conducting the surprise test which I just knew I had screwed up, I saw the newest couple of Anderson High making out in front of my locker. 

People were rushing their ways towards the parking lot as it was the last class for Tuesday and everyone was in hurry to get to their homes except for those two who were pretty much devouring the other one's face.

"Not again," I muttered under my breath and let out a loud groan, so loud that the girl who passed by me got startled, stumbled, and fell. 

"You are scaring off people." Ethan rolled his eyes at me and bent down to help the girl, "Are you hurt?"

Always the charismatic.

"Oh no, I'm alright, umm thanks for the help." She smiled widely at him and gave him a dreamy look as her mouth parted in awe. Was that really necessary?

"Not a problem." He smiled politely at her. Of course, why would he have a problem? I huffed and left the two to go to my locker, ready to tell the other two off, but they were already gone. I really didn't want to know where.

"What's with the frown?" I didn't realise I was frowning until he reached out to smooth out the crease.

"Nothi-" I was cut off mid-word by the presence of none other than Jessica Marvin and her little puppet Stacy un-Worthy.

"You know, Ethan, hanging out with her doesn't suit you." She smirked at me evilly and turned her attention to Ethan.

"So? What do you suggest?" He asked, looking uninterested as he stepped away from her. 

"Change your company, Ethan. Hang out with us." The nerve of this girl. 

"Is my personality that bad, Leah?" He asked looking at me and I stifled my laugh as I shook my head at him. "See, she doesn't think so. Your suggestion was really pointless." He said looking at Jessica with a bored expression.

"Alright, I'll suggest something else. What are you doing tonight?" Jessica wrapped her hand around Ethan's arm and he winced as her sharp nails left a scratch where they grazed his skin. Poor boy.

"Anything but you," Ethan said firmly and Jessica's jaw dropped dramatically.

"Burn," I finally let out my laugh and she looked at me with a hard glare whereas Ethan's gaze was that of amusement.

"Don't you think you speak too much?" The squeaky crony, Stacy, spoke up as her eyes narrowed into thin slits.

"No? Well, it was just a single word, if you can't count." I replied and folded my hands across my chest. These two brainless ducks were getting on my last nerve now.