Chapter 25

Leah

"Hey, woman, stay away." Avery shrieked as she ran and hid behind me.

"But-but I want to thank you." The girl who was running after Avery said with puppy dog eyes as she stood in front of me, looking at Avery.

"Use words. I'm fine with them. Just not hugging." Avery hissed and the girl huffed, her shoulders slouching.

"Fine. Thank you." The girl, probably a junior, thanked and left.

"Fuck. That was close." Avery sighed as she came and stood in front of me.

"What happened? You look pale." I asked as I exchanged my books in my locker to complete the assignments our teachers had previously asked us to submit on Friday but due to a school event, Friday was declared as a holiday and now we have to submit them on Thursday, which was freaking tomorrow.

Oh, joy.

Not.

"That girl wanted to hug me." Avery massaged her temples and wearily looked in the direction the girl went in. "Her top got ruined so I lent her one of the spares I keep in my locker. So to thank me, she wanted to give me a hug."

"And the problem is?"

"That hugging is basically seduction in an unseductive way!" She exclaimed and I facepalmed. You could totally expect that from Avery.

"But you don't have any problem with hugging me or even Lydia."

"That's because you both smell good. Like really good." She grinned as my face twisted in a weirdest expression. "Oh, so lover-boy finally let go off your mouth, huh?" What?

"Avery!" Lydia blushed and she raked a hand through her hair to tame the mess probably caused by Adrain. Those two were official now and Avery was right about them doing the dirty on their date night.

"What? I saw you both playing tonsil hockey. Plus you two already banged each other. Why are my words bothering you now?" Avery shot back and leaned against the locker.

"At least put it in a nice way." Lydia huffed.

"Alright. How about this? Does your heart skip a beat when you see him?" The female twin asked, an evil smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah," Lydia answered suspiciously.

"Oh my God," Avery screamed. "Are you alright? You've got arrhythmia. You could die from that." Avery shouted right on Lydia's face and left without saying another word whereas Lydia looked at me questioningly and I just cracked up.

One can never guess what could come out of that mouth of hers.

"Did she just..." Lydia trailed off and I could only nod my head in response. "Hughes!" She screamed and ran after her, disappearing through the school doors.

"Hey, Leah. Ready to go?" Ethan appeared from the opposite hallway, twirling his car keys in his hand.

"Yeah, just let me put this in." I shoved the last book in my bag and slung it on my shoulder.

"Do you have any plans for Friday?" He asked me once we were seated in his car as he pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road.

"Oh yes. I have to get my dose of fiction." I smiled sweetly at him when he glanced at me for a moment and then back on the road again.

"Leah, I was thinking whether you would g-" He was cut off by my phone ringtone. Taking it out from my bag, I saw it was from mom.

"Hey, mom."