Chapter 30

Leah

I was never a huge fan of the camera, mainly because the moment gets lost behind the lenses, it gets stained by the filters that we apply. I much rather prefer painting the moment in my memories. I believe in living the moment rather than capturing it. I believe in appreciating what's in front of my eyes rather than looking at it through lenses.

Right now, the gorgeous boy sleeping beside me with his unruly hair sticking out in all directions, and his cheek squished across his pillow, was the sight that I want to hold in my memory forever, in all it's raw and pure form.

His left leg was sprawled across mine and his hand across my stomach was holding me in place as I stared at him like a creep. But could you blame me when you're having such a good looking boy sleeping beside you?

This boy's skin was fucking glowing and I was tempted to trace the outline of his face with my fingers. Oh and not to forget those soft tufts of his curly hair that I so badly wanted to brush away from his forehead. Since I was staying at the Adams', we have been sharing a bed almost every night, and waking up beside him with these urges had become a regular thing for me. But sadly, those urges never got satisfied.

It's crazy how after all that had happened in his past, he was still standing strong. The things that he had to go through and the sights that he had to witness, no twelve-year-old should go through that, neither should a seventeen-year-old had to lose his life for unveiling an illegal activity. 

I brought my hand closer to his face and that's when he decided to open his eyes, the blue in them sparkling when they settled on me. His lips tugged upwards into one of his eye-crinkling smiles but then his gaze fell on my raised hand and his eyebrows pinched together in confusion. Begrudgingly, I retracted my hand and shrugged my shoulder at him.

"Leah, are you awake?" A knock sounded on my door followed by aunt Lisa's voice. Shit! Lord, don't let her walk in. She doesn't need to know that we slept in the same bed. She's basically an elder version of Avery. 

"Yeah, just give me a minute," I yelled as I wiggled to get out of Ethan's grasp who by the way had tightened his hold on me. "Let me go." I hissed and punched his arm which had absolutely no effect on him. He smirked at me. "Get up and get on the couch, you dimwit."

"Leah?" Aunt Lisa called.

"Just a moment," I yelled and forcefully shoved him but he didn't budge and just continued smirking at me. Next, he did something that's surely going to embarrass me in front of aunt Lisa. 

He fucking moaned.

Loudly.

"You better be fully clothed, Leah." Aunt Lisa yelled and everything happened so fast after that, I didn't even get the chance to blink. Ethan had taken his t-shirt off, pinned me down on the bed, and was straddling my legs as the door opened followed by a gasp from aunt Lisa. 

"Should I burn the sheets after you go?" She looked from me to Ethan and then back at me.

"What? No. We didn't do anything on the bed." I replied, looking at anywhere but aunt Lisa.

"Yeah, nothing on the bed. Can't say the same thing about the couch." Ethan pretended to look ashamed and I kicked his back. "Why'd you kick me? Oh, I wasn't supposed to say that, was I? My bad. Aunt Lisa knows now." 

"Fucking shut up!" I exclaimed and whacked a pillow on his face. "You idiot, why do you always have to say inappropriate things at inappropriate times?" And that too in front of people like Avery and adult-Avery.