Chapter 24

Leah

No one spoke a word.

It was silent. 

People chattering in the background was just a buzz as Lydia and I looked from one another to Avery, and back and forth again. Avery was panting in front of us, slightly out of breath due to speaking without any pause about the events of last night. Even after she had gulped down an entire bottle of water, the two of us were still sitting dumbly staring at her and letting her words sink in.

"Guys you're creeping me out." She yelled at us and waved her hands in front of our faces. 

"Huh?" Was all we could manage.

"Stop staring at me like that and say something." She groaned and rolled her eyes at us.

"Okay," Lydia uttered hesitantly.

"Oh God. Fuck you guys. Change the topic. Idiots." She pulled her food tray towards her and took a massive bite of her burger. "I'll slap both of you." She groaned again and that did it for us. You'd be able to read Avery's palm on our faces if she'd have slapped us.

"Does Jordan know about it?" I asked, coming back to reality.

"Didn't talk to him after last night. Anyway, enough about me. Leah, " that had my ears perking up, "what about you and Ethan?" Her silly face was back.

"I told you nothing happened. We just slept in the same bed, that's all." I raised my palm up to silence Avery when I saw she was about to open her mouth, "I was having period cramps and he was just looking after me."

"By sleeping with you? How?" Her silly face is going to be the reason for her death.

"He was rubbing my tummy to soothe the pain." I was slapped across the face by my dear friend, Avery Hughes. "What the hell?" I rubbed my now red cheek. It hurts.

"Sorry I got excited." I glared at her. Her excitement gave me a red cheek. "Nolan better get some lessons from Ethan." She added.

"You guys were looking pretty cozy when we came into your room." I was thinking just when would Lydia bring that up. After all, she was the one taking our pictures.

"That's because we were. That boy is a human heater and he smells just so good. I don't see any reason to not cuddle up to him." I shrugged my shoulder and slurped on my milkshake.

"So did you guys make out? How was it? Who initiated it? Who was dominating? Were there sparks?" That was Avery whose face had lit up like a Christmas tree.

"For the tenth time, Avery, nothing happened." Her face fell at this. "But something did happen at the carnival." I avoided their gazes as they looked at me with their hopes up.

"Leah Scott. What the fuck happened?" 

"Someone had kissed me. And no, I don't know who did that." I sighed as I clasped my hands together and rested my chin on it. And just like that, I told them everything that happened in that dark room. Lydia's facial expressions changed when I told her who was there with me in that dark room and I tried to avoid looking at her. I knew what she wants to say.

"Jordan, you son of a bitc-"

"Avery! That's your mother too." I slapped her arm.

"Oh yeah, right, sorry mom." She smiled sheepishly and continued, "I'll make sure I never become an aunt if he was the one who kissed you. How dare he come between you and Ethan?! That ugly oaf!" Trust me, her brother was anything but ugly. I didn't voice that out. Don't need to put more on Lydia's suspicions. 

"But what if it was Ethan?" Lydia reasoned.

"Then I'll be an aunt as well as a godmother of her and Ethan's kids." She shrugged and chewed on her last bite of burger. "Did you ask them who was it?"