Chapter 6

Leah

I rang the doorbell to Adams' residence and came face to face with Savannah, Ethan's mom. 

Savannah Adams, the sweetest woman you could ever meet, is a few years elder than my mom. Ethan, not only inherited her looks but also they both share the same smile that lights up their entire face with their eyes crinkling at the corners.

She smiled a warm smile at me and came over and gave me a hug. Trust me, this woman gives the best hugs in the world. 

"So good to see you, Leah. Come on in." I followed her into the house and closed the door behind me with my foot.

Their house was the exact replica of mine as far as the structure was concerned. The house was adorned with the shades of brown and white, giving it a warm, cozy vibe.

I followed Savannah into the kitchen and placed the containers on the countertop. "Mom asked me to give these to you," I said gesturing to the containers that had the 

"How nice of her." She replied while trying to reach out for the containers, which was not easy considering the distance between her and the countertop. After many failed attempts, she sighed and finally got up to get the containers.

"Oh, red velvet cupcakes." Even though she was in her early forties she squealed like a little girl who had entered her favourite candy shop. 

That's one of the many reasons why I adore this woman so much. She doesn't give a care about what people will think of her behaviour. When she's happy, she's happy. No questions asked. And she won't hesitate to display her true feelings. 

When I saw that she was opening the lid of the container that had the cupcakes that were meant for Ethan, I shrieked out her name. She dropped the cupcake back in its place and rushed to my side.

"Are you alright Leah?" She asked me, concern lacing her words.

"Yeah. It's just..um.." How do you tell a woman that you are planning to feed her son spicy cupcakes?

"What happened?" 

"Those cupcakes are for Ethan." I pointed towards the container that had the cupcakes made for him.

She gave me a sly smirk and knowingly raised her eyebrow. Uh-oh. Not again.

"Should I start planning for your wedding?" She asked me with the same smirk that she shared with Ethan.

"Why are you all so keen on bringing us together?" I smacked my forehead in frustration. "And those cupcakes are spiced," I added, mustering as much courage as I could when she was about to retort to the question that I had uttered previously.

"What did he do now?" Savannah laughed. See, she was the coolest person ever. She knew how much her son annoyed me.

I told her everything from the moment he woke me up at six in the morning till the stunt he had pulled on my car.

"Okay, Leah you do that. I have to get done with some work. I'll be in the study if you need any help with kicking that bastard's ass." 

I chuckled in response and gave her a thumbs up. She started making her way out of the kitchen muttering something along the lines of "I need to give him lessons on how to impress a girl." 

I ignored that.

I took the cupcakes with me and started making my way toward Ethan's room when I heard some commotion in the twins' room. The sight in front of me when I opened the door had my heart swelling. 

Ivan was cuddled up next to Ethan scribbling something in his book and Ethan was painting Ivory's nails. From time to time he would peek into Ivan's book and correct his mistakes. 

There is something about a person who spends time with his younger siblings or rather kids in general. There is neither any facade nor any kind of pretentious behaviour. That just makes them even more attractive. Although Ethan was a jerk to me sometimes, he was actually kind when it came to helping others when the need be.

I cleared my throat so as to make my presence known. The twins looked up. They ran towards me and hugged my waist making me giggle because I was extremely ticklish. I crouched down to their heights and hugged them.

When I looked up at Ethan, he had a genuine smile playing on his lips. This is what I was talking about. There was no facade when he was around the people that he loved. For a moment I thought of not giving him the cupcakes but then he had to go and open his mouth.

"I know you miss me, koala bear, and can't live without me being around you but this is downright stalking." And just like that, all my previous thoughts went out of the window. Now I feel like strangling him to death. 

'Can't he just disappear' I thought.

'Then how will you stare at his half-naked self every morning?' My conscience made a reappearance.

Touché. Sometimes she makes a valid point.

"You brought cupcakes for us?" Ivory asked me bringing me back from the conversation with my conscience.

I was about to give an affirmative reply when I remembered that the twins were allergic to eggs. Plus these were the spiced cupcakes.

"I'm so sorry guys, there are eggs in these." Their face fell and it hurt to see them sad. "How about we get some ice cream when you two are done with your homework?" I asked hoping that it would cheer them up. They nodded their heads and went back to finish up their school work.

"Mom made these for you," I said as I made my way toward Ethan. 

His face lit up at the sight of his favourite dessert. He picked up one of them and took a huge bite. He chewed the mouthful of bite he took and slowly his face started turning a bright shade of red and his eyes begin to water. Well, that was easier than I thought.

"Leeeeaaaahh!" He roared and I burst out laughing.

Forgetting the fact that I had to run away.

******

How do you like the chapter? Let me know in the comments.

Until next time.