Chapter 19

Leah

Mom, Dad and I, the three of us would come to such beach carnivals on the weekends, with mom and dad holding my either hands. Dad would always ask me, as soon as we entered the carnival, what do I wanted to do first, go on the Ferris wheel or the bumper cars. Even though my answer was always the same, Ferris wheel first and then the bumper cars, he'd still always ask me. And that somehow used to make me feel as if I have that authority to make decisions on my own. Dad always wanted me to be independent and capable of taking my own decisions since my childhood.

Going on rides after rides, laughing and screaming till our insides began to hurt, gobbling down food, taking silly pictures at the photo booths, basically having fun with my parents was how I remembered spending time at the carnivals. Those were the happy times that I would always look forward to, spending time with mom and dad. Even though now we don't come down to these carnivals, but there were still some moments spent with them that made me elated.

Now standing in the queue for the Ferris wheel, I was terribly missing them. I know it's just been a couple of days and that they're needed there, I couldn't help but want them back at home.

"I said it was an accident, get over it." Avery frustratingly rolled her eyes at the girl- whose name, as you must have guessed it, I didn't bother to remember- Nolan had brought with him. He'll probably be getting laid tonight by her. Gross

Now, don't get me wrong, she hasn't done anything to me yet but she has been pretty mean to Avery the entire evening. I mean, calling someone's curls as worms and calling her a 'freak' is a freaking insult and that does it for me to hate that person. And don't even get me started on how much she'd been flirting with Nolan and how clingy she was being the entire night. I don't know how Nolan was even tolerating her. 

Such a leach. 

No, wait. 

That's just degrading the leaches.

"I know you spilled it on purpose." The girl started to fucking cry. Where the hell did Nolan find such thing? 

Nolan opened his mouth to probably say something but before he could say something or any of us could stop her, Avery grabbed Jordan's drink and splashed it on that girl's blouse making her gasp.

"There you go." Avery gave her a fake smile and started walking away.

"Avery! What the hell is wrong with you?" Nolan gripped her wrist and turned her to face him with wide eyes as his nostrils flared.

"You're asking that?" She gave him a hard glare, "Everything is fucking wrong with me, you-you- ostrich ass." What?

She yanked her hand away and stormed from the queue and towards a more secluded place. Glances were exchanged amongst our group and all eyes settled on Jordan to know what's going on with his twin. But he just shrugged his shoulders as a confused expression settled on his face. 

I looked at the pair and towards Avery's retreating figure as I started walking in the direction she went but not before throwing a glare at Nolan.

"Not cool, man." I heard Ethan's distant voice as I raced towards Avery.

"Avery, stop," I shouted in a completely futile attempt, resulting in nothing but depreciation of my throat.

"I'm fine. I'm fine. Geez, let a girl breathe." The female twin discretely tried to wipe out the tear but her sniffle gave it away. She was crying and trust me I've seen her shed tears only once when her grandpa passed away. Avery Hughes wasn't the one to cry so easily.

"Want to grab ice creams?" I asked her as I looped my arm through hers.

"Sure." She chuckled and started dragging me with her.