Chapter 10 (2)

Ethan

Another high school party, another night of fake smiles and fake laughs.

I didn't know why they kept on dragging me to such things. I mean what's the point. I didn't like to drink. I sucked at dancing. And I definitely didn't do hookups.

It had been ten minutes since I had been standing in the kitchen, sipping on some cola. Which reminded me where the hell is Leah?

I looked out of the kitchen and saw Adrian and Lydia were dancing together. Earlier today, Adrian and I had a talk when we just arrived at the party. Adrian has been crazy about Lydia for a long time now and from the way she looked at him, it was obvious that those two wanted to bang each other. So I had to talk him into asking the girl out. You can just feel the mush when you're around those two. And it's gross.

Nolan and Avery disappeared to God knew where and Jordan went with some of the guys from the track.

And I definitely knew that even though Leah was usually friendly with anyone she met, except if the person ruined her sleep or didn't let her have her food, she wouldn't willingly go and socialize with people.

Speak of the devil and they shall appear.

In my case, Leah appeared at the entrance of the kitchen. Did I call Leah a devil? Yes, if you were to face her wrath, you too would have said the same. Her glares were no less than a devil's.

Standing on her tip-toes, she scanned the room, maybe looking for someone familiar. Her height made her scanning difficult so she further craned her neck.

She's so short.

Unlike most of the girls in this party that were dressed up scantily, Leah was rocking her jeans and black top look along with her sneakers. Her curly blonde hair tied into her signature ponytail. Her black top, a stark contrast to her pale skin, hugged her figure in a way that made me think of the things that shouldn't be said out loud. I'm a guy and yes, I'm a pervert and Leah already knew that.

Leah's hazel eyes met my blue ones and I smirked at her, lifting my can of cola to greet her.

Because I'm cool like that.

Hah.

No.

I saw Jordan appearing from the crowd and just as Leah was about to enter the kitchen, he dragged her away onto the dance floor, which pissed me off.

Leah sucked at dancing, by the way.

"Why the sour face, pretty boy?" I was so busy staring at Jordan and Leah that I didn't notice a brunette, dressed up in her childhood clothes, walking up to me and standing really close for my liking. I mean, hello, ever heard of personal space?

"What's a guy like you doing here standing all alone?" Her breath reeked of alcohol and onion rings. Such a turn-off.

My eyes drifted to the dance floor and saw that Adrian and Lydia were still dancing but that's not what caught my attention. A few feet away from the potential couple were Leah and Jordan, dancing and goofing around. Or more like Jordan dancing and Leah wiggling. But that's not the point. Jordan dancing with Leah had me annoyed to no extent.

The brunette in front of me became handsy and started touching me. She dragged a hand up my arm whereas her other hand rested on my stomach tracing the outlines of my abs and I gagged.

Literally.

I gagged and felt the cola that I drank, coming up to my throat but I refrained myself from throwing up. This girl in front of me was trying to seduce me but it wasn't working.