Chapter 10;

Harry's POV.

"..So we have sorted some things out. We have your first single ready. We have ten good tracks, some already recorded, some from what you did in LA. In order to complete the album we need at least another four."

I nod, this meeting a serious one. Everyone in suits with notepads and pens. As soon as New Years was over so was being lazy. My manager was listing off everything I had to do, he wanted me out there.

"So what's the plan?"

Kevin, the planner coughed into his fist. "We've set up a YouTube vevo for you, you'll make a video saying hi welcome to my vevo blah, blah, blah. We'll then put out your single, music video needs to be made. LA to finish recording-"

"Can't I record here?" My heart plummets.

"No, the studios over there have already been booked. Anyway.." He taps his pen looking down at his notepad. "Promotion of the single, interviews are being set up, we'll have a few in between like when the single drops. You have to wait for interviews, people don't want to know you until you're someone, you need to be popular - so expect shitty radio stations at first, not Oprah."

I swallow trying to consume all of this information. This is really everything I have to do?

"..As well as that there will be meetings, photoshoots and the album photoshoot - you need to have a meeting about what you want the album to look like, we're then looking into supporting, who's touring at the moment who can push you out there."

I take notes quickly trying to remember all that he was saying, it blew my mind that all of this was happening within three months, not a year.

"So where do I start?" I try to joke but a smile wasn't cracked upon any face.

"You fly to LA Wednesday-"

"But that's two days."

Kevin blinks. "Yes..it is."

"Um, okay."

"Then you'll be there maximum ten days, just to finish the album."

I nod scratching my head. "Do I need ten days? I did a lot in seven.."

"Look Harry.." Another guy popped up, he'd told me his name but there were so many to remember I just labelled them guy 1,2,3 etc. "..If you have other commitments then maybe you shouldn't do this, it would be a shame to throw away your talent but if your mind is else where.."

"It isn't, it really isn't I'm just.." I knew I'd have all of this to explain to Holly, and I didn't know how. "..I guess I feel a little like a fish out of water, but as soon as I start the ball rolling I'll be fine."

This time all men around the table cracked a smile, I didn't have one.

-

As soon as I was out of the meeting I grabbed my guitar and headed over to Niall's, I knew a guitar session would cheer me up.

We had a laugh and a couple beers, making up random songs in his studio. Niall is a music mogul almost, earning his money from producing and mentoring. He was an established name in the business, always telling me to let him work his magic but I always insisted if I ever did go into music it would be by myself, I wouldn't use my friend to make money.

Around 6pm my phone buzzed.

Holly: How are you? At my house tonight. Works stressed me out and Harly has urinated in my two day old boots.
I've also ran out of hot chocolate. Does my day want to get any worse? Let me know your plans :) xx

I swallowed reading over her text, I couldn't go to her place and tell her about LA. How could I?

"Sup lad?" Niall asked obviously noticing my facial expression.

"I er, I go to LA on Wednesday."

His eyes widen. "Sick. Recording again?"

I nod. "They want four or five songs."

"What's up with your face then?"

I sigh looking down at my phone, the message from Holly still up. I'd tried a few times to reply, each time holding down the backspace.

"Holly doesn't know yet. That I'm leaving for ten days."

"Oh man."

I nod pressing the centre button of my phone, my wallpaper lit up as a photo of Holly and Harly fast asleep a couple of days ago together on the bed. I'd gone for a jog and came home to the adorable scene. I type in my password and her text is yet again there on my screen.

Me: Be over in half an hour .x

"I've.. got to go,"

"Yeah, go be with her man. But do tell her, you've got forty eight hours with her, if that." Niall pats my back sympathetically.

I sigh grabbing my beanie, boots and coat and heading over dreading how I was going to tell her this news.

- - - -

Holly's POV

Harry said he'd be half an hour over an hour ago. I shrugged throwing on my pyjamas and cuddling Harly on my sofa.

Even if she did ruin my new boots.

I heard keys jingling knowing it was Harry - he was the only person in the world besides me with a key to my place. I figured since I had one to his, he could have one to mine.

He smiled the second he saw me, his eyes tracing down my bra-less chest. "Sorry I took so long, traffic wasn't too good."

I guessed as much glad he was here now. He walked back into the foyer taking off his beanie, coat and boots before walking in and handing me a bag. "Couldn't do much about the boots but, I hope this helps.."

He'd bought me three large tins of my favourite hot chocolate. I grinned placing the bag down, Harly sat beside me on a cushion she was now quite fond of.

My arms around Harry's neck I kiss his lips multiple times, he smiled into the kiss holding my hips, his fingers pressing into them slightly.

"Thank you very much," I lean back my eyes meeting his. "You are the best."

A flash of an emotion flashes through his eyes as he looks back, I couldn't tell you what that emotion was or how I was meant to feel about it. His hands loosened on my hips before he guided me to the sofa.

"I need to talk to you.. about something." He announced.

I didn't know what he could possibly have to tell me or talk to me about. I knew he had meetings today but I figured they were about his single.

He held my hand in his, a finger running along my knuckle. I watched as his silver rings reflected the light off my now out of date Christmas lights I couldn't yet bare to take down.

"What is it?" I ask softly, my eyebrows creasing. "Harry," I click my fingers in front of his distant face. "Seriously, you're freaking me out,"

He shakes his head taking a deep breath. "I'm leaving for LA in two days."