Chapter 28;

Holly's POV

As I buckled on my heels I heard Harry's keys in my door.

He grunted when he saw me not expecting me to be right in front of the door. "Are you going out?"

I stood up sliding my YSL bag up my shoulder. "Yeah.." I checked my phone for the time seeing the tax service had text me that it was outside. "..Me and Eleanor are going out for celebratory drinks." I finished texting Eleanor I was leaving now.

"Oh? You got the job then?.."

"If you had text or rang you would have known."

He slid his shoes off letting out a breath. "I was busy."

"Clearly."

"What is this right now Holly? What are we because I don't know where I stand."

I scoff. "I don't know what we are, you're constantly brushing me off, you're always busy with whatever and whoever and you treat my house like some uni pad!" I raise my voice.

"You know that's not the case, I'm just working hard to start my career, it's hard work I can't just come home at 4 and rest."

"I understand that, but I don't understand how you've been treating me, if you don't want to be with me, just fucking tell me!"

He pinched in between his eyes. "I do want to be with you, I love you. I just can't always be around and be what you need."

"I can't stay at home waiting for you to be." I say, eyes on the ground.

"Look.." He takes my hand. "Why don't we stay in, I'm home tonight, let's order food in and watch funny films, even Love Actually.." He suggests.

I shake my head. "I agreed to drinks with Eleanor, someone who has cared about my career and actually thought to ask about my interview." I snatch my hand back.

"So you're just going to leave?"

I laugh bitterly. "Not nice is it?" I turn and open my door. "Pizza brochures are by the fridge, don't forget to feed Harly." And with that I slam my door and head for the taxi that I was surprised was still waiting for me.

- -

The club Eleanor had dragged me into was heaving but I liked that, there's nothing more exhilarating than a packed night club, you can rub against strangers and not care because you know you'll never see them again.

"Drink?" I shout to Eleanor after dancing for over an hour.

She nods still dancing with a random guy, I nod my head over to the bar and leave her letting her have some fun, she's single now, she can.

I order two vodka oranges and wait for the barman to pour them.

I reach over to pay for them but a hand stops me. "Allow me," He offers handing the man a note and not waiting for the change.

I look up finding brown eyes looking back with a smile on his lips. "Er thanks but I could have paid for them myself..?" I raise an eyebrow.

He smiles looking down licking his lips anxiously. "I know but now I get to talk to you,"

I smirk taking the drinks. "I have a boyfriend,"

"I didn't ask," He smirks. "I'm Danny,"

"I didn't ask," I smirk.

He gave a nod as if to say 'touché'.

I look over his shoulder for Eleanor but she's no where in sight.

"Let me guess, friend left you?"

I shake my head holding the straw and drinking. "She's in the club.. somewhere."

"So how come, If you have a boyfriend, he isn't with you? I know if I was your boyfriend I wouldn't let someone like you in a place like this."

I blush at his words, it was nice to be flirted with, the lack of attention i'd received from Harry had gotten to me a lot more than I thought.

"Girls night." I shrug.

"Ah, the classic girls night." He smirks taking Eleanor's drink, I was about to stop him but he raises an eyebrow as if to say 'do you think she'll actually drink this?'

"Okay Mr observant, why are you here alone?"

"Girlfriend and I had a fight.."

"So you're hitting on me instead of fixing things?" I scoff. "Guys."

"You're assuming I was in the wrong."

"Were you?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No actually, she's been texting some guy."

I felt bad. "Oh,"

"Yeah it sucks."

I didn't know what to say, I felt bad for immediately assuming he was in the wrong, I guess that's from how things stand between Harry and I, it's making me sceptical of all men.

Studying Danny, I couldn't really understand how a girl would text someone else. He was good looking, I mean I may have a boyfriend but I'm not blind, his brown eyes, soft brown, tousled hair and dimples were a definite panty dropper.

"I better go," I suggest. "I need to find my friend and head home.."

"Could I get your number perhaps?"

I shake my head with a smile. "I have a boyfriend, but I can offer you a handshake?" I grin holding out my hand.

He laughs shaking my hand. "See you around, blue eyes."

__________________
A/N:

Sorry it's not that long or good..

Comment/Vote :)

x x