Chapter 30;

Holly's POV

I sat in Carla's office nervous, my legs bouncing with my hands placed on top of them. Carla was sat looking perfect as always, reading through my article with no expression on her face; it was blank.

Every time she turned a page I'd swallow hard hoping I'd done myself justice and proved myself, she'd lick her finger and swipe the page with her manicured finger, the page turning agonisingly slow.

When she finally finished reading it she placed it down, still no expression on her face. "I like it,"

I try to read her face but I had no luck. "You do?"

She nods. "You certainly have a talent, and it was definitely worth giving you a shot."

I smile happy that I'd not written a complete disaster, even though I know I'm a good writer and I am capable of a lot..my confidence has kind of gone in that department. Being an editor for so long made me lazy.

"But I don't just want a fashion writer, I want you to be able to do celebrity gossip, who's doing who, you know? This is a relied upon magazine, people read it to find out the latest."

I nod. "I can do that," I wasn't sure if I could but if it meant having a job I could damn well try.

"Great, it's a definite yes from me. From Monday you'll have a desk set up ready, I'll email you floor details. Welcome aboard."

I stand up shaking her hand. "Thank you so much, I won't let you down."

She gives me a curt nod. "I know,"

I left her office smiling, digging out my phone that I felt vibrate seconds before I left.

Harry: I'm outside .x

I smiled at his text, since yesterday we've been in this loved up honeymoon stage, I've loved it. We've been so attentive and affectionate to each other I was feeling like a love sick puppy.

"Sorry," I apologised not looking where I was going due to my concentration on my phone.

"It's okay, blue eyes."

I look up to meet those familiar brown ones. "Danny? From the club, right?" I knew exactly who he was but I didn't want to boost his ego.

He smiles holding his hand out.

I laugh shaking it.

"Blue eyes." He comments.

"What are you doing here?.."

"I work here."

"For Gliss magazine?"

"No." He scoffs as if that idea is crazy. "I'm the floor below, I work in marketing for a sports brand."

"Oh," I blush.

"I'm guessing you work for Gliss?"

"Just got the job actually," I inform him.

"Well, congrats."

I smile. "Must go, boyfriends picking me up."

"Oh yes, the infamous boyfriend."

I smirk. "Bye Danny,"

"Definitely see you around now, blue eyes." He winks heading for the elevator.

Walking out of the building and getting into Harry's car he kisses my lips for my greeting. "How did it go?"

"She loved it,"

"Told you she would,"

I sit back with a content sigh as Harry starts to drive. "I'm so happy," He takes my hand and we start to drive out of London. "Where are we going?" I frown.

He grins, "Because I knew you'd get the job I booked us a little brunch.."

My heart flutters. "You didn't have to,"

"I did, I didn't congratulate your interview so I need to congratulate this.."

I kiss his cheek as we continue to drive on for a further hour or so. We pull up to a grand looking estate house.

"Jesus, The Clivedon?"

"Yup,"

We park up and head into the reception, my jaw dropping at the grand designs of this place. As Harry checked our reservations I stood looking around in awe.

"Come on then," He nods towards to lift.

"We're staying the night?" I raise an eyebrow. "I haven't brought clothes.."

He smirks kissing me. "Who said we need clothes?"

After arriving in our room, stripping off and Harry showing me just how proud he really was of me we lay in the huge king size four poster bed looking at the painting ahead.

"I love you, stupid amounts."

He turned and looked at me. "I love you, stupid amounts."

I pull the covers up to my shoulders. "Thank you for this, it's a lovely surprise."

"You're welcome, I thought we could do something together before I go to LA."

"You'll definitely be back for your birthday?" I clarify.

He kisses my lips. "Promise,"

"I feel disgusting but I'm too comfy to move,"

"We need to eat." He reminds me pushing some hair behind my ear.

"Can't we get room service?"

"If that's what you want, I'll just ask them to cancel our brunch table and bring it up."

I nod.

He looks at me, just studying my face, his thumb brushing my bottom lip.

"I can't wait for us to settle down."

"Really?" I ask softly.

He nods, "Its going to feel so good coming home to you with a bump, or waking up at 2am to do the night feed, all of that stuff you know?"

"It's also very tough and tiring," I remind.

"Oh I know, I remember Gemma with Isobel."

"She moves to London on monday,"

"Excited?"

I nod. "Very. I'll have my mind distracted from thinking about you all the way over in la la land."

"Isobel thinks she's going to see you everyday,"

"I'm starting my job monday. My brand new job." I grin.

Harry kisses my lips. "Proud of you baby,"

________________________
A/N:

Comment / Vote :)

x x