Chapter 27;

Holly's POV

I woke with knots in my stomach, nervous for the interview. Harry was completely passed out beside me, laying on his front, his breath occasionally fanning my face. I rolled my eyes getting out of bed showering, changing and heading downstairs to make myself coffee.

Around fifteen minutes later, Harry walked in the kitchen frowning at me, I could tell he'd showered because his face looked fresh, his hair still damp. He was now just in a clean pair of loose training shorts.

"Sup?" I ask looking over my coffee mug.

He walked over to pour himself some tea."Why are you dressed so early?"

I bit my lip. "I have an interview."

He looked over at me, confusion all over his face stirring the teabag. "You do? You never told me."

I wanted to scoff, I wanted to say so many things but I feel like all I've done lately is say things, we're either madly in love or angry at each other, there's never a real in between. I didn't know whether that was normal or if it was just how we worked.

"I got the call yesterday, I was going to tell you but you didn't stay in long enough." I didn't mean to make it sound like a jab at him but I couldn't not, I'm not the type to hide how I feel to save someone else.

"Oh," He looks down into his tea.

"Yeah."

"What is it for?"

"A magazine, Eleanor knows someone and asked about vacancies."

"That's nice of her,"

I nod looking at my watch. "I must get going, I want to be early."

"I'm busy all day so I'll see you later?"

I zip my bag. "What times later? Six? Or Eleven?" Again, another jab but i couldn't help it.

He's quiet for a second or two before looking at me. "Are you mad at me about something?"

I shake my head faking oblivion. "No, just asking a question, I never know with you whether to make food or go to bed."

"You are mad at me," He concludes putting his tea in the sink.

"I'm not mad, are you home early or what?"

"I'll be home for seven."

I nod. "Okay,"

I turn picking up Harly and kissing her nose.

"Don't I get one?" He asks as I put my heels on, he'd followed me to the door.

I turn and smile kissing his cheek opening the door.

"Yeah, love you too." I hear him scoff sarcastically. I pretend I don't hear him sliding into my car.

Guess he didn't like the taste of his own medicine?

- -

"..So what is it that you think you have to offer for the magazine?"

Carla was pretty, strikingly pretty. You'd think she'd be the cover of the magazine not a part owner. She had long brown hair and glistening blue eyes, her lips red and eyebrows perfectly kept.

"I think I can offer personality and wit. I don't take myself seriously, but I do take my career seriously."

"Now obviously you're used to being in control of a lot of things coming from being an editor, instead here you'll be a writer, are you good with that change?"

"Absolutely." I answered confidently. "I graduated with a degree in writing, although I love reading and editing, writing is my passion and where my heart is."

She nods impressed. "I'm going to give you a shot."

My eyes brighten, about to reply when she speaks again.

"I want you to find something that's happening right now and write about it, I want it in by Wednesday 10am."

I nod. "Of course, yes."

"It can be about anything, but it has to be about something that could potentially go in the magazine. If it's good enough: it will."

I nod standing up and shaking her hand. "Thank you very much, see you wednesday."

I leave the room my blood rushing through my veins, I was on cloud nine. I walked to my car, a skip in my step syncing my phone with my radio to play from my music playlist.

Eleanor: How did it go? Xx

I sit in my car a smile on my face.

Me: I basically got it! Got to do an article by Wednesday as a sort of test thing.. xxx

Eleanor: So proud! Well done xxxx

Me: it's all because of you, thank you xxx

Eleanor: welcome! Celebratory drinks tonight? Xxx

I bite my lip not knowing whether I should because maybe Harry would be home and I could celebrate with him..

But then I looked at my phone and saw he hadn't even rang or text.

Me: Why not? Be at yours for 7 xx

Once home, Harly jumped up at me as soon as I walked through the door. The house was silent signalling that Harry wasn't home. The kitchen was a mess, he'd left his dishes from breakfast and lunch.

I drop my bag downstairs and head upstairs to grab my laptop wanting to start my article right now. I sighed even more seeing my bedroom, Harry had made a mess of my room too, clothes everywhere, my en suite light on, wet towels on the floor, my radio still on on a low volume.

Me: You left my house in a mess. Thanks.

To anger me even more, the 'read' sign appeared but the bubble to signal he was replying didn't. Instead of throwing my phone and damaging it even more - I threw myself onto my bed and screamed into my pillow in frustration.

Pure and utter frustration.

_____________________
A/N:

Hey guys please comment,
Sorry about the bad updates, been quite unwell.

x x