Phone Call

Today marks 3 months since the last time I saw Ruel, or at least the last time I saw him in person. He's on his world tour, but I wasn't able to go with him like planned, since I had too much school work that I'd need to do, and knowing us we'd never make time for me to actually do it if I went.

So that's where everything has led up to me at this exact moment, where I'm just sitting in my room after a long day of just everything going wrong, like call me dramatic but today has literally been the absolute worst. I got a D on my sociology test, dropped my tea getting out of the car this morning, got sharpie on the sleeve of my favorite white hoodie, and worst of all just missing my favorite boy more than ever today.

I pull my blankets tighter around my body, trying my hardest to not let my emotions get to me, because I know today wasn't as bad as it seemed, I'm just a little touchy today making everything seem worse than usual. I let out a choked sob as I feel the tears start to make their way down my face, knowing that there's no way to get out of the complete mess I'm about to become.

Right as I breakdown, I hear the ping of my phone, alerting me that I got a text. Guess who it is, oh wait we all know it's the giant oaf I call my boyfriend.

Hey baby, I miss you a lot and thought I'd let you know                                               Hi bubs, I miss you too, what're you up to?   In my hotel room, finished everything I needed for the day so all I have left is soundcheck and the concert tmw    Excited for the Paris show?                     Mhmm, enough about me, I want to talk about you                                                           Eh nothing exciting, pretty boring day today. Are you okay love? You seem a little off I'm okay, just tired that's all

As soon as I send that text, my screen lights up with an incoming phone call. I give myself a few seconds, trying to contain the sobs and tears so that Ruel doesn't notice, he doesn't need the extra stress of worrying about me. As soon as I pick up, he's already talking and throwing questions at me.

"Baby what's going on? I know you're lying to me, just because I can't see you, doesn't mean I can't tell. Are you okay? Did something happen? Do I need to fly down or fly you out here? Baby-" Ruel rambles with anxiety lacing his voice, causing the tears I was holding at bay, to be released. I let out a small whimper as the tears pour out, instantly causing him to stop talking and cut off his sentence.

"I'm sorry, I'm honestly okay, just a little emotional today" I mumble out, not able to talk loud with my voice shaking so much. I hear him let out a sigh before he starts talking.

"Babygirl, tell me the truth. I know it's more than just that, please talk to me baby. I can't help you if you don't let me." He pleads, knowing that I'm never like this, even if I am emotional sometimes.

"I just really miss you, it's been three months, and today was just horrible. Nothing went right for me Ruel. I basically failed my soc test, dropped my drink everywhere this morning, and then I got fucking sharpie on your white hoodie. You know it's my favorite" I cry out, finally letting all my emotions out, knowing he's the only one that'll truly be able to talk me down from my breakdown.

"Baby, you can retake the test, one test won't ruin your life, you're too smart to let something like that fuck you up. I'll send you money to get a new drink tomorrow if that helps, and babe it's just a hoodie. I'll buy you 50 more of that exact hoodie if it'll make you happy." He states, trying to reason with me to make me feel better. I let out a whimper, because none of those things are going to make me happy. I just want my boyfriend back.

"I don't want any of those things Ruel!" I sob, causing him to take in a deep breath, finally realizing what the source of the issue was. He gives me a few seconds to calm my breathing before asking me a question.