Smile Please

A sigh escapes my lips as I stare at my laptop screen, Netflix asking if I'm still watching for the 15th time today, like I'd be doing anything else. Every single day is a blur of Netflix, naps, FaceTime calls, and YouTube binging. Oh, and absolutely no human contact.

I roll over on to my stomach as I hear my phone buzz, praying that it's someone trying to talk to me, rather than getting another meaningless social media notif. My heart skips a beat as I see my boyfriend texting me, nothing but excitement filling me as I see the word FaceTime. Only to be filled with dread as I think about how I look, having put in absolutely zero effort the last few days, because I mean who's going to see me?

I toss my phone on to my bed, telling Ruel to give me a few minutes, before launching myself into my closet. I rip off my stained sweats and hoodie, before realizing I haven't done any laundry in a week. I rip a pair of shorts out of the pile on my floor throwing them on, before grabbing my secret hoodie that I always keep hidden. The hoodie that Ruel has no clue about, because if he did, well he'd lose his mind. Desperate times call for desperate measures though.

"Hi baby, you're looking beautiful as always" Ruel sweetly says, instantly answering my call as I lay back down on my bed, still keeping my body out of sight from him. Upon hearing his sweet words, I bring my hand up to cover my face, not wanting him to see the red hue taking over. He laughs at my actions before freezing, staring at me with a look I can't quite figure out, the smile from his face completely gone. "Babe, what are you wearing right now?" he practically shrieks at me, his eyes now glaring at me with complete betrayal filling them. Betrayal that could have been avoided if I just answered shirtless.

"I don't know what you're talking about Rueloff, anyways, how's your day going?" I question, my eyes looking anywhere but him. My question is met with silence, a haunting silence that causes chills to run down my spine. "That's great to hear, you've had a fun day huh, well let me tell you about my day, so I took 5 naps today, I know right less than usual, I also watche-" I immediately blurt out, seeing Ruel try to open his mouth to talk, his eyes now drilling holes into the visible hoodie.

"You told me you hadn't seen that sweater since the Paris show! You stole my sweater and didn't tell me for 7 months?" He cries out, waving his hands around the air in distress, thinking about the all the lies I spewed about his favorite hoodie. "You told me it must've been misplaced when we left the venue, because and I quote, you had seen it on the couch. You're a thief. My own girlfriend is a snake" he whines, shoving his face into a pillow, grumbling more things about how I can never be trusted again.

"I asked you to let me wear it and you always told me no, I did what I needed to do. You know this is my favorite one" I mumble, playing with the sleeves that go past my hands. He gives me an incredulous look, wondering how I'm able to turn this against him so fast, not knowing I've been preparing for this since the day I shoved it into my underwear section of my bag. "I can give it back if you want, I just like it because it smells the most like you." I whisper, looking into his eyes finally with a pout, knowing it'll win him over. As soon as the pout forms, his eyes are instantly drawn to my lips, his eyes softening at the gesture.

"You're such an asshole, trying to guilt me for wanting my favorite hoodie back, but fine. Keep it, I guess you look better in it than I ever did pretty girl" he groans, unable to keep the smile off of his face as he sees my body drowning in his hoodie. I lean against my headboard laughing, my phone set up on my night stand, completely oblivious to the beautiful boy watching me. Ruel sits there in awe, eyes wandering over every inch of me, his expression softening by the second. "You truly are stunning though sweetheart, so fucking stunning" he breathes out, gaze unwavering when I look at him, my heart stuttering as I take in the look he's giving me.