Quarantine Vibes

I look up from my Instagram feed that I was scrolling through when I hear the bedroom door slowly creek open, watching as Ruel practically drags himself into the room, a large pout formed upon his pink lips. I let out a soft laugh as he drops himself on top of me, crushing me into the bed, and almost cutting off my airflow.

"Get off of me asshole or I'm gonna have to throw you out into the streets" I giggle out, watching the amused look on his face turn to terror at my words. He sits up and straddles my waist, giving me his typical over dramatic eye roll, unhappy with me making him sit up. I rest on my elbows, tilting my head up to look into his eyes, waiting for the complaining that I knew was about to ensure.

"Honestly this quarantine shit is going to kill me-" he groans out, tilting his head back as he lets out a frustrated sigh, before falling off of my lap and landing right next to me on our bed. I give my handsome boy a soft smile before climbing into his lap, mimicking the position he was in seconds ago, and reaching forward to softly comb my fingers through his overgrown locks. "I love you, more than anything, and I'm glad you're who I'm on lockdown with. I just wish I could go out and go for a walk and do normal things, because being locked here is almost suffocating" he mumbles out, eyes closing in content from my nails raking across his scalp. I give him a soft hum in agreement, understanding the place he's coming from, and trying to come up with something to say that'll hopefully soothe his anxiety.

"I love you too bubs, I get it though, it's hard being locked in here without the freedom we all crave. But remember that you're doing a good thing! You're keeping yourself safe, your family safe, and those around us safe-" I start out, resting my palm against his cheek as he intently stares at me, taking in everything I have to say seriously since one of the most important things to him is keeping those he loves healthy and safe. "We're young and healthy, meaning we're the perfect vessels to spread this illness, so us staying home means we're saving lives. It might feel shitty right now, but I know you already know it's worth it in the end" I state, watching him nod his head in agreement, giving my palm a soft kiss before he pulls me down to lay on him, gripping me tight against him.

"I seriously don't know what I'd do without you, you're literally my everything. I don't think anyone else could make me feel better and make me not stressed as easily as you do. Thank you baby" he mumbles against the side of my head, pressing a kiss to my hair, and I mumble my 'I love you too' back. We stay silent for a few minutes, relishing in the feeling of just holding each other, before he abruptly sits up and tosses me on to my side of the bed. I let out a shriek as I land on my pillows, instantly coming out of the sleepy daze I had fallen into, watching him with wide eyes as he runs out into the hallway.

Seconds later he reappears, the pout long gone from his lips, now replaced with a giant grin, causing me to watch him with a cautious look, knowing the mischief he was probably dying to cause. I open my mouth to object to whatever he wants to do, instantly being cut off as he darts across the room with a large object in his hands, only realizing what it was once it was too late. Of course this boy would try to cause chaos at 3 something in the morning with his random burst of pent up energy.

"Ruel holy shit no! People are trying to sleep" I screech out, my eyes wide with fear of the noise complaints I know we're going to get. He stares at me with a frustrated frown upon his face, holding his guitar that he had hooked up to his amp, which was still ringing with the loud chord he had just played at max volume. I give him a blank stare in return, silently telling him he won't be getting his way tonight, watching as he then sighs while turning to start unplugging and putting away his amp and guitar.

"I'm trying to have a good time and I can't even do that in my own home. Like I just wanna have funnn-" he whines out, throwing himself back next to me, basically repeating the whining he had just done literally minutes ago. I ignore his incessant whining, only for him to abruptly go silent moments later, making my shift my gaze to him, watching as he stares at the ceiling. He flips on to his side and stares at me with an unwavering gaze, making me flinch from the fast movement, and then my face heat up from the attention. I finally will myself to look away, but as soon as I shift my glance from the green eyed beauty in front of me, I hear his laugh echo throughout our bedroom, before his fingertips find their way under my chin, turning my gaze back to him. "Don't look away from me pretty girl" he softly states with a grin, watching my face flush even more from his compliment, completely forgetting about how upset he was with quarantine.

"Bubba can you do me a favor?" I yawn out, rolling on top of him, and curling myself around his body, trying to signal to him that I was ready to go to bed. I feel him nod as I rest my face in the crook of his neck, my body starting to fully enter a state of inevitable drowsiness since it was nearing 4 am already. "Can you sing me a song?" I whisper, my voice coming out mumbled since my lips are pressed against the base of his throat. He shivers in response to the feeling of my lips, causing me to let out a quiet laugh, earning a little pinch on my hip from him for laughing at him.

"Aw getting tired my love? Want me to sing our song?" He softly questions, brushing his fingers through my hair, a sigh of content escaping his lips as he feels me cuddle myself against him even more as I give him a mumbled yes in reply to his questions. He shifts on the bed, pulling a blanket over the top of us, before going back to using one hand to play with my hair and the other to draw soft shapes on my back, his hand having crept up the back of my shirt once we settled.

"You're just too good to be true.. I can't take my eyes off you.. You'd be like heaven to touch.. I wanna hold you so much.. At long last love has arrived.. And I thank God I'm alive.. You're just too good to be true.. Can't take my eyes off you" he quietly sings, his voice floating throughout our silent bedroom, instantly lulling me to sleep, his voice bringing me a sense of peace that nothing else can.

As I sleep, rested upon his chest, he continues to sing our song, feeling nothing but love and content fill his heart, the words tumbling from his lips in such a honest form as if he wrote it himself. A smile gracing his lips as he drowsily finishes off the song, pressing a soft kiss to my head, his eyes slowly falling shut as he drifts off to sleep.

Maybe quarantine wasn't as bad as he thought, or maybe it just becomes a little bit more bearable when I'm wrapped in his arms.