Wrong About You

I remember it vividly, as if it just happened, the infamous day I met Ruel. Some might say we got off on the wrong foot, but I'll correct them with the fact that there was no misconception, he's just a dick, but a beautiful one even if I don't want to admit it.

The day we met, I had been been wearing an all white with pink detail Golf hoodie, this hoodie was my life. It had actually been signed by Tyler, the year prior when I had helped headline Camp Flog Gnaw, and was my most prized possession. I was wearing it at the studio, when I turned a corner and smashed into a fucking wall, but in case you didn't catch on the wall was actually a 6'5 idiot. He slammed into me, causing my drink to just spill everywhere, completely changing my hoodie from the pristine white shade it was.

People would assume he'd be as charming as he is in his interviews, but those people are wrong. He slammed into me and gave me a blank stare before lifting me off the ground and walking away. I of course yell at him that he could at least say sorry for spilling my drink everywhere, causing him to turn back around and flip me off before going back to walking away. Leaving me in frenzied mess to clean my beloved hoodie.

The only reason these horrid memories are coming back to me, is because of the disgusting words my manager Jeff just said. My head snaps up suddenly when a hand is waved in front of my face.

"What" I snap out, extremely unhappy with what my team wants me to do. You'd think they'd care about my feelings more than some work deal.

"We've said it like five times already. You and Ruel are going to collab on a track together, there's no way around it. You both need to suck it up and be mature, this industry has no time for your drama. Also, you're on his insta every other day, I highly doubt you dislike him that much" Jeff states before dragging a hand down his face in an exasperated manner. Jeff here has been my manager since I started, he's been through a lot with me. He's pretty young for being my manager, but he's the only one that truly gets me and is willing to put up with me, he's the older brother I never had.

"Fine. Just know that I won't like it." I mumble with an eye roll, ignoring his little remark about my social media habits, watching as Jeff walks over to me before slightly ruffling my hair with a grin. I look up at him and flip him off, listening to him cackle like a witch as he walks out of the room.

I don't have a crush on Ruel, he's an ass, it's just that he's a very attractive one, but it's not like I'll ever change my mind about his personality. I'll just have to admire from a distance.

I get up with a sigh, knowing that the Australian oaf is probably already waiting for me in the writing room next to the recording studio I'm laying in. I open the door and walk in, seeing him sitting on the sofa, with a matching glare as he looks at me. Glad to know the feelings mutual bitch. I make my way to the recliner next to the couch and sit down, waiting for someone to talk first.

A couple moments of silence past, with Ruel and I staring respectively at our own managers. Nate and Jeff both heave out matching sighs before looking at each other with annoyed looks.

"I thought you talked to her?" Nate says with a glance in my direction, causing me to scoff and wave a hand at Ruel who's doing the same thing as me. Ruel scoffs in return and slightly pushes my hand away from him.

"I did, but obviously neither of our talks worked." Jeff snorts back, causing them both to look at us as we glare at each other. Some might think we're overreacting, but trust me Ruel is insufferable.

"Look, get over yourselves. You have to write this song and I don't care if you don't like each other, suck it up and do what you have to do. This is your job, not just a fun hobby." Nate lectures with a strict tone, causing the both of us to stiffen up. Jeff nods his head in agreement and observes the tense environment of the room.