Chapter 5: The Light Turned On

3rd POV

*Time Skip a month later*

Sora walked into her new living room and crashed on the couch. She had a long night of stopping thugs and getting chased by that tired old man, Scarfs.

She didn't know why he kept chasing after her, she always led him to a dead end but it seemed like he wouldn't give up. She let out a long sigh.

"What's on?" Sora grumbled as she reaches for their new TVs remote. They had finally got enough money to pay for a TV and they bought an old used one that wouldn't cost much. It didn't run on cable and was battery powered like the rest of their stuff.

She turned the power button on as Nowane came in from outside, Sora guessed she had a long night too as she looked over at her friend dragging her feet to the couch.

"Damn pedos," Nowane hissed as she slumped down next to her.

"How many did you stop?" Sora asked curiously as she flipped through channels.

"16 different guys trying to kidnap kids and I was out there ALL NIGHT," Nowane grumbled as she looked at the TV. Her long trench like cloak went down to her ankles and the large hood covering her white hair, obscuring her face.

Nowane looked at the TV with her as Sora stopped at the news channel. A women appeared on the screen with papers in her hand.

"Just in that the UA facility known as the USJ has just been attacked by a group of people calling themselves the 'League of Villains'. Reports say that they attacked class 1-A with plans to kill the Symbol of Peace, All Might"

Sora's jaw dropped.

Nowane's eyes widened.

"No casualties have been reported and there were no major injuries. Apparently, reinforcements arrived before anyone got killed"

Both girls took a sigh of relief.

As much as they believed hero's were corrupted, they knew that there were good hero's out there that actually cared and weren't just in it for money and fame. And Besides, killing kids is wrong. Obviously.

"Maybe we should keep an eye on the class, just make sure they stay safe," Sora suggested.

Sora remembered her first encounter with a villain and she had scars both physical and mental thanks to it. She didn't want them to go through the same thing alone, even though they had each other and they weren't physically hurt as bad as she had been.

Sora still wanted to be there and watch over them, it was a weird feeling for wanting to supervise people who weren't in need of immediate help.

"Yeah, that's a good idea. We should stay on the sidelines though," Nowane replied looking over at her friend.

Nowane suddenly remembered when she and Sora met, it was a weird time because when they first met they were only 12 and they were both already in the job. Sora and Nowane were both strong for their age and when they met they were both running away from getting caught by hero's.

Sora had grabbed Nowane's wrist and ran with her and they had both ducked into an abandoned building. They waited for a while for the hero's to pass before fighting about who they were and why Sora had grabbed her. The fight escalated to being physical and neither of the girls could land a hit on each other. And once they both calmed down, a friendship formed and they helped each other get better.

They had been together for the past 2 years. Sora had started the job a few years before Nowane but they were both really good. Nowane knew she could trust Sora. Even though she was a music geek.

Sora nodded to Nowane and got up from the couch. Tossing the remote to Nowane she said, "Well I'm going back to bed".

*Another Time skip because I'm lazy*

Sora and Nowane stood on the top of an apartment building, their last stop of the night. Nowane hacked into the UA files after hours upon hours of work to get the student addresses. They had the addresses of the students in 1-A, but not the names.

They had been going around looking for the students of 1-A, just making sure they were ok. They just wanted to make sure.

Their last stop was close to their new base actually and they just had to check on this last student before they could go home.

Sora glided through the air, using her cloak like a hand-glider. While Nowane used her quirk to slide on a water slide through the air. They landed on a balcony and Sora took two objects from her pocket. She stuck the tension wrench in and positioned her thumb so it was pushing the pin to the right and stuck the pick into the keyhole and messed with it a bit. Not even half a minute later a quiet satisfying click was heard and Sora silently opened the glass sliding door.

"Take your shoes off, we don't want prints," Sora said as she slipped off her boots and Nowane did the same with hers. They left their boots outside.

They walked into a living room with a purple couch grey brown walls and a coffee table in front of the couch with a TV on the wall. To their left was a dinning table with a cabinet full of fine china. As the vigilantes walked further into the apartment they walked into a hallway, trying to decide which room belonged to the student they were supposed to check on.

They saw a sign on the door of one rooms.

'Izuku' read the sign. It had the name in the center, with All Might's hair tufts sticking up at the top corners. The sign was also the colors of All Mights suit.

"Izuku...." Sora whispered lost in thought. She could've sworn she heard that name before.

Sora slowly turned the knob of the door and they walked into the room.

Moonlight shone through the window, showing the hallway outside. All Might posters were on the walls and action figures lined a dresser. A bookshelf covered in books about All Might and composition notebooks was on the right of the rooms walls. A bed laid in the left corner, a figure under the sheets.

Nowane stood by the door while Sora walked further in, her socks barely making a sound as she approached. Sora reaches the bed side and covered her mouth to stifle her gasp of surprise.

In the bed was a boy with a soft face, freckles covering his cheeks. He had a familiar mop of green hair and was peacefully sleeping.

Sora knew that he must have gotten into UA, she was just surprised that he was in the class that got attacked.

Nowane walked over and took a look, her eyes widened a little bit she didn't seem too surprised.

Using the sign language that they had learned from books in the library, Nowane signed to her.

"He looks fine, we should go home"

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go," Sora replied, looking back at the young hero again. And closed his door.

They had just walked out and put their boots back on at the glass door when a light turned on, and a door opened.

Hey guys! Its me again! I just want to tell you that I don't really have a posting schedule, but I'll try and post at least 2 each week! So if you like the story so far, stick around.
Thanks for reading!
Bye!
~Care

(1276 words)