Chapter 35: Not Ready

No one's POV

Nezu decided to stay in the infirmary until Sora woke up, to prevent any incidents from happening like last last time.

The rest of the staff was gone for the night except him. He didn't want to leave his old friend's little cub alone. Nowane was with Aizawa as they worked on getting her moved into the raven haired hero's apartment.

He figured that he should appoint Aizawa as the girls' guardian, seeing as he's the only one who can stop her from using her quirk on herself. That was also the reason on why the two girls would be in Aizawa's class.

The animal principal wanted to make sure that the girls felt welcomed at UA. He knew that Aizawa was already getting two rooms set up for them. Nezu has asked him how he felt about taking the girls into his charge and he was surprisingly okay with it.

He assumed it was because little Sora was also his friends daughter, and also because both girls seemed to be the quiet polite type, despite little Sora's cheekiness.

Although, when it comes to her friend, Nowane can be quite protective. Losing all rationality to keep her safe and he knew the same must be the other way around.

Speaking of Nowane, he had tried to do some background searching on the girl's past and it wasn't pretty. He had searched the Japanese database for a water quirk that's been registered under the name Nowane, and what he found was just as heartbreaking as little Sora's past. But the girl seemed to have worked her way through the worst of her trauma.

He doubted that she was completely okay but she seemed better than her friend. He was having them take a mental evaluation anyway, which would be scheduled for tomorrow.

His pen raced and danced across the papers, quickly working as he took occasional glances up at the sleeping girl.

Shuzenji predicted she wouldn't wake up for a week, but given how quickly she woke up before, especially after Shuzenji used her quirk on her, he knew best than to doubt the girl.

He heard the heart monitor's steady beat pick up a little and whipped his head up so fast he could've gotten whiplash. He saw little Sora's brow furrow slightly as if she was in pain and her breathing got quicker.

Putting the papers down, he hopped off the far chair and waddled quickly over the side of the bed before hopping up to sit on the edge.

Little Sora's forehead was beginning to sweat and her quick breathing was causing fog to cover the insides of the breathing mask.

He put his paw on arm softly to calm her, and it worked as she relaxed slightly.

"Shh, it's alright, you're okay," Nezu said as he gently patted her arm.

The erratic breathing slowed down as her features relaxed. He then noticed as her eyes squinted and slowly opened, revealing the same piercing grey eyes he first saw when he met her. They were almost like Kali's eyes, except Kali had vibrant and happy grey eyes while little Sora's held a dull pain, showing eyes that had seen too much. She had to close them due to the light.

"Hello, you gave us all quite the scare, little Sora," He said softly.

She opened her eyes again more slowly to let them adjust to the light. She tried to sit up but Nezu gently held her down.

"...Ne..zu," She said in a quiet raspy voice.

"I'd advise against speaking. You suffered some minor damage to your throat. Hold on while I text Recovery Girl and tell her you're awake," Nezu said.

Sora blinked are him in confusion and lifted her unsprained hand to her face, feeling for her mask. When all she felt was the breathing mask strapped around her face she panicked.