Chapter 16: Hosu

No ones POV

Sora slipped up the fire escape and through a 3rd story window of an abandoned apartment. She laid the beat up guitar against the wall and slipped her backpack off.

Nowane was sitting on her bed, once again in her costume, with her computer in front of her and typing profusely. Nowane didn't look up when she came through the door.

"You're late," she said blankly.

Sora went over to the kitchen.

The small amount of food they had was getting smaller. Their microwave broke and they couldn't find a new one, their fridge was getting warm, and the amount of people willing to pay Nowane for hacking was getting small as well.

They didn't have that much food in the first place and most of it was microwave food.

"I know, Roy. I'm sorry," Sora yawned as she gave up on the food.

Guess I'll eat tomorrow, She thought as she fell into her dirty mattress.

(Time skip brought by lazy author)

Sora swept the floor of the café carefully, not wanting her boss to get mad.

This was the only place around that would accept a 15 year old girl and it didn't pay much, it also didn't help that her boss was a dick.

The café was about to open and when it did she would leave if she didn't have her shift as a waitress, and that day was the day she didn't. She got more pay when she did but it was barely much.

She finished sweeping and then went to wiping the tables. After she was done she clocked out, got her weekly pay, and grabbed her backpack.

Sora left the café and went to the Library to do her studies. She didn't bother changing out of her work clothes which consisted of a black long sleeve T shirt with the café logo above the name and some blue jeans along with an apron. They were cleaner than most of her wardrobe but she didn't really like wearing it.

Sora walked into the Library and pulled some math books from the shelf. Then she went over to a desk and took out some paper and started copying down problems and seeing how to do the next lesson, then doing a few practice problems, and then testing herself about the last lesson and the new one.

She did the same with Reading and LA. Sora didn't bother much with History or Science, but still made a point to do at least a little.

Nowane came in while she was at it and they did their studies together.

The two girls then went to the store with Sora's pay and bought some small foods.

They couldn't pay for much.

Both girls were hungry but didn't really feel the hunger anymore. They went back home and stayed their till night fall.

"I'm going to Hosu for the next week. Did you get my new gear from Kai-kun?"

"Yeah met him yesterday," Nowane turned her head to me, "Will you be ok?"

"I'll be fine, will you be ok here?" Sora started picking at her ukulele.

"Yeah," Her brow furrowed, "What about your job?"

"Told Gramps that I had a family trip, took some convincing but I got him to give me the week off," Sora chuckled. "By the way, speaking of Kai-kun, how is he? Is he feeling better? We don't get to see him much"

"Eh, he's still as depressed as ever. And no, he's still sick. But his personality refuses to change, though. You two are still almost exactly the same personality wise."

"Wow, I'm not that sarcastic am I?" Sora made a playful exaggerated frown.

"Very"

Nowane got up and went over to her own backpack and pulled some new gear, "Alright here's your new chest guard, some new shurakins, knives, that new mask you wanted, a new white shirt to go under your tunic, new leggings, that voice changer you described and he made a bluetooth ear piece for each of us"

Sora picked up the chest guard, "I think I'll only use this when I think I'll need it"

"That's cool," Nowane put her hands on her hips and smiled.

Sora then went to her backpack and pulled out her old white shirt and leggings and put them aside. Then pulled out her old black corset guard. It didn't protect much anyways.

She threw it in a drawer and walked back over to the small pile of new equipment.

"How much did this cost anyway?" Sora asked concerned. She began to take off what she was wearing and change into her improved costume. Wrapping the black bandages over her new white shirt and the other white bandages under.

"A lot of what was left of the spare money," Nowane walked to her mattress and sat down, "But I think it was well spent if you get good use out of it."

"Alright, we might have to save money for a while," Sora began to pack for her trip to Hosu.

She grabbed what was left of her money and slipped a fold up compatible bow into her bag and slipped it on her bag over her cloak.

"Are you walking there? You know they won't let you on the train in that," Nowane asked confused.

"Good exercise, don't you think?" Sora opened the window and climbed out.

"You're insane," Nowane shook her head.

"I know!" Sora yelled as she jumped off the fire escape to the ground.

Kuro landed and began her trek to Hosu.

It didn't take as long as she expected it to, soon she was waking the alleyways of Hosu in the darkness.

She found a good spot and sat down in the out of the way alley against a wall and put her bag down. She held a knife in her hand just in case.

Her stomach growled but she ignored it.

Her leg wound was hurting but she ignored it.

Her wrists itched but she ignored that too.

Everything could be dealt with later, after she slept.

Kuro let sleep overcome her as her eyelids closed, and she bid the world goodnight for the next few hours and slipped into the world of nightmares.

Ye So now you have a little day in the life of Sora, along with her trip to Hosu.
I'm writing another vigilante book on the side for you losers so be happy!
I'm just kidding I love you guys!:)<3
Thanks for reading!
Bye!
~Care-chan

(1091 words)