Chapter 14: Same Time Next Week?

Nezu's POV

It took a while for Kuro to get up.

I could tell she wanted to get up but she seriously needed rest and food. I pretended not to notice the wound on her leg the same as I pretended to not notice the scars on her arms that hid underneath her clothes.

Eventually she managed with much difficulty to get up and sit back down beside me. She brought her knees to her chest.

I rubbed circles on her back and felt scars there too.

She flinched every time I made any quick movements, which I guess I understood. She is an infiltrator and probably has high reflexes.

But it was almost like she wasn't used to getting so much care. Like she didn't believe that people she didn't know could be nice to her.

"Can you tell Scarfs I'm sorry," Kuro broke the silence.

"Who's this scarfs?"

"Eraserhead... sorry"

"Oh, you came up with a nickname for him, haha," I said and smiled.

She chuckled softly.

"Why do you want to apologize to him?" I asked.

"I shot him," Kuro replied guiltily, "It was a pretty bad wound and he could've gotten more wounded"

"That was months ago, though," I said confused.

"I still feel bad, kinda. I mean, he was about to get me and I had to get home," She looked at me.

She still had the mask on but I could tell she was smirking softly.

I chuckled and said I would.

Kuro grabbed her guitar and backpack, and pulled her hood back up.

Then she began to get up and walk towards the edge of the roof over an alleyway.

But before she got too far I called out, "Kuro!"

She flinched but stopped walking and looked back at me.

"You're limping," I finally said.

"I am?" She replied confused.

I then noticed just how femininely she moved and talked, I felt like an idiot for not noticing sooner.

"Yes"

I motioned for her to move back over and she hesitated.

"Hesitation can get you killed, you of all people should know that," I smiled.

She chuckled a bit and limped back over to me and sat down in front of me.

I moved slowly as if to ask if I could see her leg and she gave it to me.

I rolled up her leggings and saw a stab wound on the back of her leg on her clave. There was a bunch of dried blood on it.

"I was planning on fixing it at home but I guess not," She said apathetically.

The wound was deep and looked like any big moment would open it again. I was curious as to how she had received such a wound.

"So why are you always covering your hands? You wear those black bandages with your costume and now you're wearing gloves," I said inquiring her.

"O-oh uh ya they're just gloves for better grip and stuff," Kuro muttered.

There was a fear scent coming from her now, I could tell she was lying. I saw small tiny scars on her fingers from where they were visible. I could sense she was uncomfortable talking about it soI brought up a different topic as I examined the wound under the light of the moon.