Chapter 29: Painfully Aware

(Mild torture warning)

No one's POV

Nezu was pacing in his office just like he'd done for the past day and a half. The meeting they had was two days ago and apparently one of the students from the camp placed a tracker on one of the Nomu and there was a witness report of one of the Leagues members walking into an abandoned building.

They were clear for a rescue mission that'd be held later that day.

It had only been three days and yet Nezu was painfully aware that a lot could happen in only three days.

His anxieties had to be pushed down once he heard a familiar noise from his computer and went over to his desk.

There was a new message from Droplet. No doubt in his mind that she was probably more worried than him. She came off as a mother type of friend, always worried.

"What's the plan for the mission? You look anxious," Droplet had typed.

"There will be a conference later today, an apology from UA to the world for our school's carelessness. The meeting will be a distraction. We plan on having All Might and other pro heroes there to save Bakugo-kun and Kuro-san. Does that sound ok with you," Nezu typed. He decided to ignore that Droplet basically admitted that she could see him.

It took a moment for Droplet to reply. But when he did he didn't know what to say.

"Where will I be? Will I be in the mission to rescue her?" She asked.

Nezu didn't want Droplet near the League. She was young and he already had two children involved and didn't want to risk another getting hurt. He also didn't know how Droplet would react if she was near the League.

He knew she could probably take care of herself and didn't need help, but rumors told him that when she fought, she fought with no expression, opting to just fight and not make any comments. She never made cheeky comments or remarks like Kuro and always left after fighting villains and taking care of victims. He knew that she cared very deeply for Kuro, and that if she got her hands on Shigaraki she'd probably wring his neck.

"I want you to come to UA after this is over. I don't want to risk you getting close with the LOV. I already have two minors involved and would like to not increase that number," He typed in hope she would accept that.

Almost hesitantly, Droplet typed back.

"That's fine," Nezu sighed in relief. "But the moment she's out of there, you call me. I'll give you the number of my phone. It's a burner phone and can't be traced or bugged."

Nezu was confused. He didn't plan on tracing or bugging her phone. He let it go, assuming that it was just years of vigilante paranoia.

Droplet then typed out the number onto the doc, which Nezu then wrote down for a reminder and put the number into his phone.

He sat there a moment and prayed that the mission would be successful.

____________________________________

Shigaraki walked into the small cold and dank room for what seemed like the millionth time. He did the same thing as before. Complain about Bakugo being uncooperative, Toga being a psychopath, Dabi being annoying, and Sora being a bitch.