Chapter 21: A Cheeky Girl

(Time skip to the next week)

Nezu's POV

I left my office early, knowing that the walk was long. I had a small basket with me that my staff seemed very curious about.

"What's in the basket Nezu?" Snipe asked me.

"Just some small snacks. I'm just going for a picnic, Snipe," I lied, my voice betrayed nothing.

What was really in the basket was some thermostats filled with hot tea and some bread. Along with some cookies I thought that Kuro might like. I had other things in the basket as well, like some fruit and chips.

"Alright, well, we'll see you later," Snipe called out as I left the work room.

I was walking down the street just as the sun was going down and into the neighborhood where I usually met the petite vigilante.

As I neared the building I was wondering how I was going to get up with the basket. This was supposed to be a surprise for Kuro so I didn't want to call out for her to help.

I decided to just hold the handles of the basket in the jaw while I climbed up the ladder to the roof.

When I got up there Kuro wasn't there yet so I got up and walked over to the small wall at the edge and placed the basket down. Then I sat and waited.

I looked to my left and saw the tarp that had hid her guitar on the first night and wondered what was under there now.

I stood back up and walked over to the tarp and pulled it up with my paws. There under the tarp was a few instruments. The guitar was gone as I had previously expected put in its place was a ukulele, a viola, and a flute. They were all in cases, old cases, but still in cases.

They were all pretty dirty and old, they looked like they needed some repairs.

I didn't see anything other than that so I put the tarp back down and waited for Kuro. I was still pretty anxious after hearing that she was aiding the students against Stain, and worried if she was injured.

Just as I was about to fear the worse I heard small footsteps, they were almost nonexistent. I probably wouldn't have heard them if not for my animal hearing. I looked over and saw Kuro walking along the edges of the rooftops without a fear of falling. She quickly made her way over and I looked at my watch.

1:30 am on the dot.

"I must commend you for your punctuality, Kuro," I said with a smile when she finally reached the building.

I reached over and patted the spot next to me in an inviting way. She flinched when my hands moved and it didn't go unnoticed, but I brushed it off as her being jumpy.

Kuro had on her usual black hoodie that she wore the previous weeks but this time she wore blue jeans.

Her clothes were still dirty and I wondered if she washed them. On her face she still adorned the black medical mask that covered the bottom of her face.

Kuro had her backpack and guitar with her and they were strapped along her back.

She slowly made her way over to me and sat down next to me. She seemed more tense but I didn't want to spook her away.