Chapter 26: Down Hill

No one's POV

Kuro pushed the bird headed boy out of the way just as Mr. Compress's gloved hand touched her back.

Unluckily for her, Mr. Compress touched Tokoyami right after while the boy was still dazed. Then went to for the explosive blonde.

It was silent, like an owl that swoops down for its prey in the dark of night. No one looked or knew.
Mr. Compress was happy for the extra bonus. Two students and the vigilante that's been breaking into their base. Shigaraki would be happy, no doubt.

The magician watched from back up in a tree as the students watched Toga run back into the woods. The students discussed if each party was okay and that was when Mr. Compress's little trick was noticed.

"Nice trick, Ay?" Mr Compress said.

The students eyes went up the magician as he twirled the marbles in his hand.

"I took the lad you're talking about with my magic. A talent like his would be squandered where he cast as a hero. We'll provide him with a grander stage where he can truly shine."

Midoriya growled, "Give him back!"

"Give him back?" Mr Compress repeated, "What an odd thing to say. Bakugou doesn't belong to anyone. He's his own person. Don't be so arrogant.

"We'll stop you!" Midoriya shouted.

"Right now," Todoroki said as he slammed his right foot onto the ground and ice emerged.

The magician jumped from the tree and into the air, "Why the aggression? We merely wish the show him that there are options besides the fanatical world of heroism he's drowning in," He landed on top of a tree, "It's important to choose a path that aligns with your core values, after all."

Shoji turned around and tried straining his ears, "It's not just Bakugou. Tokoyami and Kuro are gone!"

Todoroki gasped, "He snatched two of our strongest classmates AND a vigilante without a sound. What power is this?"

"If you're monologuing because you think you've beaten us, you're mistaken," Todoroki growled at Mr Compress.

"A bad habit of mine. I was once an entertainer, you know. Taking Tokoyami and the vigilante was a bit of improv on my part," Mr Compress held up the other two marbles.

"Moonfish. Our dear Blade Tooth. He may not look it, but he's a dastardly death row devil whose last appeal was denied. When I saw the avian take him down so easily and violently, I decided he should join our troupe. And I have no doubt that Boss will be happy to have the little thieving vigilante at our mercy."

"You bastard! You can't take them!" Midoriya shouted. Anger was boiling up and he was beginning to see red.

"Midoriya. Calm down."

"Here, take this guy for me," Todoroki slide the guy on his back into Uraraka's arms and ran forward, slamming his foot onto the ground in Mr Compress's direction. Ice erupted from the ground, taller than the forest. The temperature dropped with the sudden appearance of the ice mountain and the right side of Todoroki's face had a layer of frost going from his shoulder to his hair.

"Todoroki thought he had the man but a voice was then heard from above, "Apologies. But slight-of-hans and escapology are my specialties, not combat.
I'm not foolish enough to fight hero candidates from UA," He slid three marbles into his pocket and put his hands to his ears.

"Vanguard Action Squad. I've acquired our target. Our little show has officially come to a close. Meet me at the retrieval point in the next five minutes for the final bow."