Chapter 38: Introduction

No one's POV

Sora fell asleep on Shouta's shoulder as he continued to stare ahead. He hasn't been here in years. The last time he visited Kali's grave was when he and Hizashi got married.

Mochi licked his hand affectionately as she sat in his lap.

He had almost forgotten she was here.

The two graves in front of him were in good condition, unlike the other headstones there. The grave next to them was covered in dirt and grim.

Carefully reaching his hand forward, he wiped the headstone with his fingers and read the name.

Shouta couldn't even begin to know what Sora must have felt when she first came here and saw her own gravestone. It must've been so painful.

He looked to the girl in question, her breaths even and her face gentle. She was still shivering in the cold but not as much as Shouta. He supposed it was natural, she must've been used to chilly weather.

Her backpack sat beside her and he pulled out the blanket that Sora kept inside at all times, and wrapped it around her.

Then he gathered up her things and strapped it to his back.

Slipping one arm under her back and the other under her legs, he hoisted her up and began to walk home. He wasn't going to wake her up, she was already asleep and that in itself was a miracle.

He thought back to the conversation they'd just had. She'd smiled. For the first time in a while she'd smiled. It wasn't a sarcastic or a mean smile. But a genuine smile.

Shouta felt a little more confident that she'd be able to greet her new class.

But she'd definitely have a cold later, though.

____________________________________

The car was awkward on the drive to UA.

Nowane stared out the window in boredom as Sora played with the hem of her new uniform.

Upon her friends request, Sora was able to obtain a males uniform so she didn't have to wear a skirt. She was thankful her friend remembered.

Nowane though, didn't have a problem with skirts so she settled with the standard female uniform.

Uncle Shouta sat in the passenger seat next to Uncle Hizashi, who drove while humming a melody from his radio station. Her grey eyes flitted to her friend and then out the window to the passing scenery as she bit her lip.

This was the first time she'd be going to a public school. She'd been homeschooled all her life, then she did her own schooling in the Library with Nowane. She didn't know what it would be like.

Sora knew the kids who would be her classmates, they were kind enough. It was the other students that worried her.

She didn't pretend not to know how the rest of the school envied the hero course students. She knew why she was being put into the hero course. Her vigilante status was proof enough that she was capable, and the written entrance exam that Nezu had them do was passed with flying colors, but she still would've been fine in General Studies.

Nezu and her psychiatrist told her she was still mentally unstable and would be safer off with people that made her comfortable. Like Nowane and Uncle Shouta.

Also the fact her Quirk was unstable when she panicked. Not to others, but to herself.

It wasn't her fault her Quirk had something to do with sharp objects.