Chapter 31: Disturbing News

Oh. my. fucking. god. I got FAN ARTTTT!! *Unholy squeal of happiness* Thank you SO much for this! It's beautiful! I love how you drew Sora in her cloak! Her eyes are beautifully drawn too! You have made my day so much better I am so happy!
Credit goes out to  @HottleTottleAxoltol
This is their username! They are SO cool!
The fan art is shown above!

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!~

(Mentions of Self Harm)

Nezu's POV

Kuro was rushed to the ER before I could even get out of the back of the ambulance. There were doctors and nurses everywhere. Orders were being shouted as Tsukauchi and I struggled to keep up with the crowd of doctors around the stretcher.

A nurse swabbed some of the blood from Kuro's wounds and rushed away. Most likely to the lab to test her blood type.

Then Tsukauchi and I were stopped outside of a door. A nurse was telling us that we couldn't go farther and we should go to the waiting area.

The nurse told us they'd keep us updated once Kuro was out of surgery.

We reluctantly went the waiting area and sat down, Tsukauchi told me how he'd found her. Something that he had noticed but hadn't really paid attention to was that there had been ash all over the floor as if someone had burned different items. That's when I realized that all Kuro had been wearing was her long sleeved white undershirt and black leggings and a necklace.

Her blue tunic, black cloak, mask, weapons, and boots were all gone.

Tsukauchi relayed to me the condition of the room her found her in with horror and pity.

If only we had been quicker with the rescue, then maybe we might've gotten there before this all that torture happened.

Suddenly, I remembered I had a phone call to make. I excused myself from Tsukauchi and walked to a private area where I pulled out my phone and typed in the digits on the post it note it was written and pressed call, nervously waiting.

I didn't have to wait long, as the person being called picked up the phone before the first ring ended.

"Hello?" I heard a shaky hoarse female voice from the other line. It sounded like she had been stressed out recently.

"Droplet? This is Nezu. We found Kuro and she's in Kamino ward hospital now. I figured you would want to come by once she's out of surgery," I said.

There was a moment of silence. As if she was debating something. Then the reply was short and straight forward.

"I'll be there soon," She said before I heard her hang up.

I guess her reaction had been reasonable.

After I pocketed my phone, I went back to the waiting area where Tsukauchi was.

"Who did you just call?" He asked.

"Kuro's partner, Droplet. She'll be here soon," I said as I hopped up onto the chair next to him.

"Are you gonna talk about the deal with her once she gets here? You did say we're going to do that," He asked.

"That can wait till her partner is stable and conscious, they need to make the decision together if they want to go to UA or not," I explained.

He nodded in understanding.

I could see he was tense with worry as much as I was. Kuro may have been a vigilante, but at her core she was still just a girl, a young girl at that.

There must have been a few minutes that passed before the doors of the hospital swung open and a tall girl in an oversized blue hoodie and ripped up jeans came rushing at the reception desk.