Chapter 32: Lovely Night for a Swim

(Mentions of Suicide)

No one's POV

Different links to news articles showed up on Nezu's computer. But one stuck out the most.

He clicked it and was brought to a website that read: "Sorin Ripurī, after the murder of his family, ran from the crime scene and was on the run for about three years before being tracked and caught by a new vigilante. Their debut showing the capture of Ripurī by leaving him tied up in front of the police station with a note, describing his crimes. Police report that Ripurī was cut up and bruised.

After a while of interrogation, he admitted his crimes of extortion, theft, and murder and is now serving a life sentence in prison. When asked about the vigilante that caught him, he stated that they had been short and dressed in a cloak and a hood covered their face, wielding a bow and arrow.

There's finally justice for the rest of the Ripurī family. Hopefully, they can now rest in peace."

Kuro had gone after him first.

The first thing she had done was get justice for her family.

That also meant that she had been alone for three years before going after him. Either that or she had been tracking him down ever since. Which was doubtful.

Nezu decided to look more into it later. He closed his computer before walking up to Droplet and draping the blanket that had been off to the side over her.

He didn't try and take the mask off, that would've been a violation of boundaries and trust.

He hoped she'd come around eventually.

(Time skip)

Nezu stood outside of the door to a hospital room. They'd confirmed Kuro's identity of young Sora Ripurī and that was the name on the tag next to the door.

Droplet stood behind him anxiously. Nezu looked back towards the door and slid it open.

The walls of the room were pale white with white tile floor. There were blue curtains on the window that were drawn open, showing the blue sky. There were grey chairs by the hospital bed that was against the wall in the middle of the room. In the bed was a figure laying down in a hospital gown. 

The figure had a blanket drawn up to her chest and her arms out, one at her side while the other laid on her stomach. Bandages covered her arms up to her shoulders and multiple IVs in her arms and an ID hospital bracelet was on her wrist. A machine was next to the bed, relaying the steady heartbeat.

A mask was strapped to her face, a breathing mask, Nezu's mind provided.

They walked towards the bed and sat down in the chairs. Nezu looked upon the sleeping form of his late friend's daughter. She looked so much like Kali now that he had a good look at her in the light. Only she had a scar on her right cheek that stretched to the helix of her ear. Her hair had been washed and combed out, looking an auburn brown that almost looked red in the sunlight that came through the window. And she had white bandages on her forehead.

Droplet looked at her friend in shame. Shame that she failed her.

She took the girl's bandaged hand in her own hands and held them tightly while holding the girls hand to her bowed forehead. And softly whispered words of apology and grief.

"We're going to have her moved to UA tonight. That way, Recovery Girl can treat her there and we can keep a close eye. Then once she wakes up, we can talk, the three of us," Nezu spoke.

Droplet mutely nodded.

"Ripurī-chan will be okay," He said.

"...Don't call her that, that's not her name," Droplet whispered.