Chapter 7: A Beautiful Sky

Sora's POV

We fled behind the apartment building and dashed. Running as fast as we could through the alleyways and then stopped for a breather.

"You... are an idiot," I said with my hands on my knees. Trying to catch my breath.

"I froze for like half a second, how was I supposed to know that he would come out of his room!" Nowane said defensively.

"That's all the time they need to be able to get your description. You need to be ready for anything," I said as I stood back up and side stepped her while putting my hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry to much, it was one mistake. You just have to lay low for a bit"

I began walking and she quickly turned and walked next to me as we warily made our way home.

Once we got there it was morning and Nowane collapsed on the couch and I on the floors carpet. We were exhausted from the constant all nighters and lack of supplies but we knew that one of us would have to go do a supply run, and due to Nowane being seen I knew it was gonna have to be me.

We laid there for a few minutes before Nowane and I got up to change out of our suits and into casual clothes.

I grabbed my backpack and emptied it out to fit the stuff I was going to buy.

We still had a lot of money, but that was only from Nowane helping people with all her hacking business that I didn't even know how to explain, we also had money from volunteering at local businesses or offering to do hard labor for people's homes on weekends. Not to mention the occasional gigs I would get to do at bars and or restaurants that wanted slow guitar music.

Most of the money we stored away in a small safe under Nowane's bed that we agreed to only use if we needed to and to just use a small percentage of the money we ever earned on supplies and support gear.

I grabbed 2000 yen and went to a minimart.

I had my red-brown hair down and the side bangs fell half over my left eye. The scar on my right cheek was visible but I didn't really mind, I had loads of them and that one was the scar that I didn't mind keeping a secret unless I was out on the job.

I wore a dark red hoodie and black ripped jeans, scratches and bruises on my knees visible through the holes and I wore black combat books with the laces undone. I still wore black leather gloves though. They hid the small scars on my fingers that I didn't really enjoy looking at.

I shoved my hands in my hoodies pockets and walked into the mini mart.

The store was small and had a tiny pharmacy section in the corner with isles of food and small home decor around the front.

I walked into the pharmacy department and into the isle, picking up two different kinds of bandages and painkillers.

I also found some new black bandages for my outfit.

Shoving them into the basket, I walked to the food isle. Where I picked up different kinds of instant food and small snacks. Then I grabbed bottles of water.

I went up and bought my items only to have some money left over.

I was pleasantly surprised by this and went back to find something else to buy. After walking around for a bit more I found a cool hoodie and then walked into the music isle.

I picked up a new guitar pick from the small shelf and tested it on one of the display guitars.

Sitting down on a small stool with my bags at my feet, I took off my gloves and began to play. I sang a song that was close to me and drifted off in the music world. I didn't realize it until after the song that there were a few people watching and the small audience I had attracted gave a tiny encore to my playing.