11

hi my name is Riley and my wolf's name is Diana. Diana is like the complete opposite of me. I am super depressing and rude while Diana's nice af and wouldn't dare hurt a flower, well except in battle.

Shout-out to Starelf555 for mentioning this cliché!

So, the wolf in a werewolf book is usually a separate entity with different personalities and human names.

There are some who don't agree with this and see the wolf and the human as the same entity.

Honestly I'm fine with both, but when it comes to giving (human) names to your wolf is a little awkward...

Wolves are primal creatures who don't have names. They are not domestic so why give them names? Using human names just humanify them more when they are supposed to be animals.

I also suggest against having the wolf talk too much. Animals don't speak but I understand why writers want their werewolves to have wolves. Like, they use it for second opinions or show how much a mate bond can affect the wolf.

I strongly suggest making your wolf ALWAYS playful. Wolves are animals, sorta like dogs. They love playing and being playful. Also make them make rash decisions based only on their primal needs, not senses.

Scenario:

^ above