25

I-I'm a wamen (yes wamen) who is mated to the cold af Alpha/ Alpha King and I'm mute because I have a heart shattering past. I then fall in love with my mate and start talking after a billion chapters. Then I find out that my mate also has a heart shattering past and that's why he's cold.

The most significant thing about this cliche is the broken female mate being mute. LIKE WHYYYY?! Their backstory is always:

1. Rape
2. Sexual assault
3. Abuse

Why is the female always mute??? Why can't the female have a backbone for once instead of letting people kick her around???

PUH-LEASE stop making women look weak.

Scenario:

"MATE!" the Alpha growls, stalking towards me. He roughly grabs my chin and pushes my face up to him.

I whimper and fidget, trying to pull my face out of his grasp. He growls at me in threat, warning me to not go against him.

"What is your name?" he demands.

I just whimper again and shake my head, dropping my eyes to the ground.

"What's wrong with her? Why isn't she talking?" He sounds pissed.

My best friend clears her throat and speaks up, "She's been like that for years. She's mute."

- fifty chapters later -

I finally decide to clear my throat and try to speak for the first time. "I-I...," I croak out and he instantly pulls me into his embrace. "There was this guy I met at a party. He was nice and all, but I didn't notice him slip something into my drink." I burst out into tears.

"Shh...," my mate tries to comfort, rubbing my back.

"H-he raped me," I sniffle. "I became so embarrassed because his mate came and accused me of throwing myself onto him. Apparently, that was what he told her. And everyone started shaming me for being a homewrecker and a slut..."

He is quiet for a few minutes, before he speaks up, "My sister was raped too, when she was young. By my own best friend, who claimed that she was his mate. Worst thing was, she couldn't stand his roughness when he ripped away her innocence that she died from bleeding."

I gasp. "Oh my god..."

He sighs. "Our lives are still happy though, right? I found you."

"In terms of happy, I have no happy."

I tried to insert a meme alsnbdosks.

Also can y'all do me a favour? I recently started rewriting my book "For She Was Suicidal" and I would love for your inputs on it!

ps. thanks for 2k reads!!!