Chapter 4

They run down the hallway. Suddenly, ray shields drop around them... putting them in an electronic box in the middle of the hallway.

"Ray shields!" Alia yelled.

Obi Wan takes a deep breath to express his total disappointment.

"Wait a minute, how'd this happen! We're smarted than this," Obi Wan groaned.

"Apparently not, Master. This is the oldest trap in the book... Well... I was distracted," Anakin replied... trying to look for a way out.

"Oh, so all of a sudden it's my fault," Obi Wan said.

"You're the Master... Alia is the Jedi knight, and I'm just the hero," Anakin replied with a smile.

"I'm open to suggestions here," Alia commented.

"Why don't we let them take us to General Grievous. Perhaps with Count Dooku's demise, we can negotiate our release," The Chancellor added.

The Jedi looked at each other in disbelief.

"I say..... patience,"  Anakin smiled.

"Patience! That's your plan, is it?" Alia scoffed in disbelief.

"Yes, R2 will be along in a few moments and he'll release the ray shields..." Anakin replied looking around.

R2 comes skidding across the hallway and bashed into the opposite wall. He takes a moment to compose himself.

"See! No problem," Anakin said crossing his arms across his chest.

Suddenly several doorways open, revealing Two Destroyer Droids. 16 Super Battle Droids emerge from behind the Destroyer Droids.

R2 turns and zaps one of the Super Battle Droids... who then kick over R2.

"Don't move dummy... Ouch!" The Super Battle Droid said.

Alia turned and looked at Anakin.

"Do you have a plan B?"  Alia questioned.

Alia, Anakin, Obi Wan, The Chancellor and R2 were escorted to where General Grievous.

They stood before the alien droid.

"Oh yes. General Kenobi, The Negotiator. We've been waiting for you... that wasn't much of a rescue," General Grievous coughed.

Alia watched as a Battle Droid took their lightsabers... and handed them to General Grievous.

"That depends upon your point of view," Obi Wan laughed.

"Alia... I was expecting someone with your reputation to be wiser and much older..." General Grievous paused... and slowly turned towards Anakin.

"And Anakin Skywalker.... I was definitely expecting someone with your reputation to be older," General Grievous said.

"General Grievous.... Supreme Commander of the Droid army. You're shorter than I expected," Anakin smirked.

Alia laughed.

"Ahhh, Jedi scum," General Grievous coughed.

"Alia, Anakin... try not to upset him. We have a job to do," Obi Wan said.

"Your lightsabers will make a fine addition to my collection," General Grievous taunted.

"Not this time. And this time you won't escape," Alia snarled.

"R2," Anakin replied quietly.

R2 creates a distraction by extending all his arms, shooting out electrical pulses, and bouncing around.

Obi Wan, hands restrained with electrobonds, spinning around, reaches out and uses the force... yanking his lightsaber out of The General's hand, and ignites it, and cuts his bonds.... he continued to spin around and cuts Anakin free.

"Crush them! Make them suffer!" General Grievous yelled.

Anakin uses the force to yank his lightsaber and Alia lightsaber out of the General's hand.

Anakin quickly turned to Alia and cuts her free.... handing her, her lightsaber.

The Droids that surround them begin to fire.

Obi Wan, Alia and Anakin jump into the line of fire.... the bridge degenerates into chaos.

Anakin and Obi Wan are locked in a pitched battle between electro staffs and laser swords with General Grievous's two bodyguards.

Alia turned and saw The Chancellor being taken away by two battle droids. General Grievous walks around the bridge directing the battle droids.....

"Stay and watch your stations," General Grievous ordered.

Obi Wan fights one of General Grievous' s bodyguards. The bodyguard carries an electrified staff, when Obi Wan's lightsaber hits it.... electrical bolts fly everywhere. Obi Wan is unable to cut the staff, he whacked the staff... hard... it was knocked halfway across the bridge.

Obi Wan pulls himself together, and attacked again.... cutting the bodyguards head off.

Alia turns to look at Anakin, she noticed he was struggling on defending himself... he quickly cuts the droid in half.

Two battle droids try and take The Chancellor away. Alia follows them down the hallway, and cuts them down... rescuing The Chancellor.

Obi Wan finally finishes off the headless bodyguard... it crumbles to the floor in pieces.

"Sir, we are falling out of orbit... all control cells are dead," A droid replied....

"Stay on course! Don't bother with them. Keep the ship in orbit," General Grievous yelled.

Alia and Anakin destroyed the remaining droids... General Grievous retrieved one of the bodyguard's staff and faces Obi Wan.

Alia leaps over the console and lands behind General Grievous.....

"You lose, General Kenobi," Grievous coughed.

A droid quickly runs to General Grievous's side.

"The ship is breaking up!!" The droid panicked.

"We've run out of time," Grievous said.

Obi Wan tries to get at General Grievous. Alia runs at the General from the opposing side... General Grievous turns and throws his electrified staff at the window.

It's breaks, causing chaos... as everything that is not nailed down is sucked into space. General Grievous is the first one sucked out into space. He fired a cable from his arm that attaches to the ship, he swings in and lands firmly on the side of the ship.

Alia, Obi Wan, Anakin and The Chancellor hold on for dear life. A blast shield closes around where the window once was.....