Chapter 9

Alia stands pensively in front of the Jedi Council Chambers... she was called to a meeting.... a meeting about Anakin.

Alia enters and walks over to where Obi Wan was sitting, and sat next to him....

Anakin enters and stands in the midle of the room. He was surrounded by the Jedi Council.... Mace Windu, Eeth Koth, Obi Wan, Alia, Yoda and the Holograms of Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi.

"Anakin Skywalker, we have approved your appointment to the Council as The Chancellor's personal representative," Windu stated... Alia frowned.

"I will do my best to uphold the principles of the Jedi Order," Anakin repiled.

"Allow this appointment lightly, the Council does not. Disturbing is this move by Chancellor Palpatine," Yoda said.

"I understand," Anakin repiled.

"You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master," Windu stated.... Alia's heart started to beat rapidly.

"What?! How can you do this? this is outrageous, it's unfair....I'm more powerful than any of you. How can you be on the Council and not be a Master?" Anakin blew up.

"Take a seat, young Skywalker." Windu repiled.

"Forgive me, Master," Anakin said calmly... he turned on his heels and took a seat next to Alia.

Alia sensed that everyone was embarrassed about Anakin's actions.

"We have surveyed all systems in the Republic, and have found no sign of General Grievous," Ki-Adi-Mundi spoke up.

"Hiding in the Outer Rim, Grievous is. The outlying systems, you must sweep," Yoda repiled.

"It may take some time.... we do not have many ships to spare," Alia said.

"We cannot take ships from the front line," Windu repiled.

"And yet, it would be fatal for us to allow the droid armies to regroup," Obi Wan cut in.

"Master Kenobi, Alia.... our spies contact, you both must, and then wait," Yoda said.

"What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?" Ki-Adi-Mundi questioned.

"It is critical we send an attack group there, immediately!" Windu stated.

"He's right! that is a system we cannot afford to lose. It's the main navigation route for the southwestern quadrant," Alia commented.

"I know that system well. It would take us little time to drive the droids off that planet," Anakin said.

"Skywalker, your assignment is here with The Chancellor, Alia and Kenobi must find General Grievous," Windu repiled.

Alia froze.

"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have," Yoda said.

"It is settled then. Yoda will take a battalion of clones to reinforce the Wookiees on Kashyyyk. May the force be with us all," Windu repiled.. dismissing the meeting.

Alia looked over at Anakin and saw how disappointed he was.

Alia didn't want to go on another mission... not right now at least, she had so much to talk about with Anakin... especially since he had gotten Padme pregnant.