Chapter 10

Alia, Anakin and Obi Wan walk through one of the massive Jedi Temple hallways.... Alia could sense Anakin was furious.

"What kind of nonsense is this, put me on the Council and not make me a Master!?? That's never been done in the history of the Jedi. It's insulting!" Anakin yelled.

Alia stayed quiet... She was on the Council but didn't have the Master Rank... she was granted the Rank but denied it,  because she wanted to be  a grey Jedi.

"Calm down, Anakin. You have been given a great honor. To be on the Council at your age....It's never happened before. Listen to me, Anakin. The fact of the matter is you're too close to The Chancellor. The Council doesn't like it when he interferes in Jedi affairs," Obi Wan repiled.

"I swear to you, I didn't ask to be put on The Council," Anakin said.

"But it's what you wanted! Your friendship with Chancellor Palpatine seems to have paid off," Alia cut in

"That has nothing to do with this," Anakin stated.

"Anakin, regardless of how it happened... you find yourself in a delicate situation," Obi Wan said.

"You mean divided loyalties," Anakin repiled.

"I warned you there was tension between The Council and The Chancellor. I was very clear. Why didn't you listen? You walked right into it," Obi Wan said.

"The Council is upset I'm the youngest to ever serve," Anakin groaned.

"No, it is not. Anakin, I worry when you speak of jealousy and pride....Those are not Jedi thoughts.....They're dangerous, dark thoughts," Alia said.

"Alia, Master... you both should have confidence in my abilities. I know where my loyalties lie," Anakin repiled.

"I hope so....," Obi Wan stated.

"I sense there's more to this talk than you're saying," Anakin said.

"Anakin, the only reason The Council has approved your appointment is because The Chancellor trusts you," Alia repiled.

"And?" Anakin questioned.

"Anakin, look... I am on your side, we both are. I didn't want to see you put in this situation," Alia sighed.

"What situation?" Anakin asked... looking at Alia.

Alia takes a deep breath.

"The Council wants you to report on all of The Chancellor's dealings. They want to know what he's up to." Alia repiled... biting her bottom lip.

"They want me to spy on The Chancellor? That's treason!" Anakin said.

"We are at war, Anakin. The Jedi Council is sworn to uphold the principles of the Republic, even if The Chancellor does not."  Obi Wan repiled.

"Why didn't The Council give me this assignment when we were in session?" Anakin questioned.

"Anakin, this assignment is not to be on record. The Council asked us to approach you on this personally," Alia repiled.

"The Chancellor is not a bad man, Alia... he befriended me. He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here," Anakin said.

"This is why you must help us, Anakin.... Our allegiance is to The Senate, not to its leader who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired," Alia stated.... She's always had a bad feeling about The Chancellor, she knew he wasn't who he said he was.

"Alia, The Senate demanded that he stays longer," Anakin repiled.

"Yes, but use your feelings... Anakin. Something is out of place," Obi Wan commented....

"You're asking me to do something against The Jedi Code... Against The Republic. Against a mentor.... and a friend. That's what's out of place here. Why are you asking this of me?" Anakin repiled.

"The Council is asking you, Anakin.... I would totally do it, but The Chancellor wanted you.... and it's probably because when I was with him, I almost had him killed," Alia said.

Anakin turned to look at Alia.... he noticed how hurt she looked, but she was trying so hard to hide it.

Anakin knew he had to explain on what happened.... it was either now or never, he just had to wait until Obi Wan left or wait until she was alone.