-C-

Edited by 

...

I woke up while heaving, I pulled on my hair then pulled my legs to my chest.

Did I have a nightmare? I asked myself in wonder.

I looked around me, and I saw the white sheets underneath me, and a big closet across it. The door was on the far left of the closet, while a nightstand was placed beside my bed with a table lamp above it.

The moment I took in my environment, the door opened which increased my heart rate. A man came in while rubbing his hair, saying, "Hyung! I'll be heading out. So, please don't get lost. You don't have a phone yet, and I'm trying to keep you safe from yourself."

'Hyung?'

I straddled my legs down the bed as I asked in an almost panicked voice, "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

His mouth made an O shape as he approached me and leaned in front of me, placing both of his hands on my knees saying, "My name is Kim Namjoon, and I'm your roommate. Also, you consider me as a friend if you can say that. Anyway-"

He stood up and checked himself in the mirror which was on the closet's door, proceeding, "I'll be leaving for work. If you are going anywhere, please leave a note." I nodded, and he left.

When I heard the door closing, I got up and peeked outside the room to see if there were more people present, but thankfully there wasn't anyone present. I walked outside the room and roamed around the apartment.

I went from one place to another. The bathroom, the kitchen, the living room, the study, and another bedroom which I guessed belongs to that, Namjoon guy. My curiosity led me to go inside his room and do my check.

His room was really tidy. Many books were placed neatly on multiple shelves, and his desk had his laptop on top of it with a few pens and notebooks.

I turned and walked towards his bed and sat on it then my eyes caught something on his nightstand which was in my sight of vision.

I took the frame and saw him along with 2 elders who seem to be his parents. A white dog was also present, but the weirdest thing was my presence in the frame as well. I was standing beside him while carrying the dog.

It's strange because I never lived with anyone. My parents died when I was young or was that a lie? His name is Kim Namjoon. My name is Kim Seokjin.

Is he my brother?

I gulped and looked at the photo closely.

Are they my parents?

But he said he is my roommate, and I might consider him as a friend. Why would he lie to me? If he is my brother, why didn't he tell me? Is he ashamed of my illness so he is trying to distance himself from me?

I almost teared up, but I quickly sucked it in and placed the frame back in its original place. I walked out of the room and closed the door just like I found it earlier.

I went to the kitchen, starting to prepare some food since I don't remember what I usually do.

When time seemed like it was too slow, I went to watch the television.

Why does it seem like forever all of a sudden?

Time passed slowly when the door of the apartment suddenly opened, revealing an exhausted Namjoon, so I went to him and took his bag. He smiled at me tiredly, "You didn't go out?"

I shook my head to his words, so he nodded and walked past me probably to change, "Do you want to eat?" I yelled for him to hear.

"Yes, please, I'm starving." He yelled back, making me giggle. Therefore, I went to the kitchen and heated the already prepared food.

He came over after getting refreshed by a shower and sat across from me.

"How was work?" I asked.

He hummed while quickly munching on the food I prepared for him. I laughed and told him to slow down since it's not going anywhere.

I stayed in my place without distracting him as I noticed his heavy eyelids. I bet he worked too much so I'll let him just eat and go directly to his bed today. I can always ask him tomorrow.

When both of us finished eating, I got up and was about to remove the empty plates, he stopped me and decided to do the dishes himself, so I let him.

I sat on the kitchen counter as I watched him do the dishes, then I asked calmly, "Namjoon, are we siblings? Am I a burden to you?"

He immediately let go of the dishes and came quickly towards me while saying in complete worry and sudden panic, "No, no, never!"

"Then why do I feel like I'm being left out? I feel like-" I bit my lips as tears started to swallow my face.

He approached me and hugged me, saying "It's gonna be okay. You are okay now. Don't be scared. I'm here. We're here."

It's the same. It's exactly the same.

Ah! I should ask him. I should ask him about the "we." I wanted to ask, Jimin. about it, but I-

Did I ask him?

I don't remember. What was his answer? Something is wrong. Where am I? Most importantly, who am I now?