-Q-

Edited by Love4Yoongi

...

Time passed really fast with the presence of Yoongi. He gave me his restaurant's card, some coupons as well. I placed both in the drawer and as Yoongi left, I asked Jungkook to bring me over a nurse.

"Can I ask for my stuff?" The nurse nodded and left the room, then after half an hour, she came back with a bag in her hand.

"These are what was with you. Your car is with its insurance company, so you'll need to go get it yourself."

I thanked her and Jungkook brought over the bag to me, as I opened it and thankfully found most of the important stuff. My phone which was dead no doubt. My wallet was there too, with everything inside, licenses, credit cards, business cards, cash.

I nodded in satisfaction while going through my things; however, my clothes were not in good shape, they had multiple torn parts, so I tossed them aside. My keys and some files were present too.

"Hey! Jungkook, can I ask you to get to my house and do me a favor?" I asked while handing him the keys.

He looked at me in confusion while eyeing the keys then glanced at me, "I don't know where your house is."

I gave him the address and asked him to bring me over my spare charger since the one I was having, wasn't in the bag, I guess I forgot it at work that day or something. I also told him to take a proper shower and take whatever he wanted from my closet as a change of clothes.

I leaned my head back on the bed, while I waited for the nurse who is responsible to help me, to come any moment. As expected I heard a knock on the opened door, so I opened my eyes to be met by someone I didn't expect to see, but he was someone I've met multiple times in my head.

"Sir, my name is Kim Namjoon. Ha! Sorry for being awkward, but I'll be accompanying you today since the nurse assigned to you is busy with a VIP." He bowed and rubbed the back of his neck.

The long white coat looked really good on him. His name tag was hanging on the small pocket of the coat at the top.

I smiled softly after scanning him then sat up straight and put my legs on the floor. He came quickly to my aid and held out his arm for me to support myself.

My body was still a little sore from all the laying down, but it was doing fine to move again. I can move my limbs, but at some point, my muscles hurt if I moved for a long time. I guess an hour is my maximum for now.

While walking in the hospital's corridor, I initiated the conversation, "Do you work as a doctor here?"

"Actually no, not yet, I'm currently a 4th-year medical student. I'm planning on becoming one, hopefully." He flashed me a shy smile and looked away.

I nodded in satisfaction, he is going to be a great doctor. Sadly, he isn't really my brother.

I didn't realize the long face I was having before he pointed it out, "Are you perhaps thinking about something sad? If so, don't be. You are doing really great. Many people before you didn't even wake up and were either forced to be under the mercy of the machines, or the doctors who came to a conclusion to remove them."

I stayed silent as I saw him bit his lower lip, trying to prevent himself from saying more. "What is it?" I asked, provoking him to speak more.

"The kid who stays with you. You know him?"

"Jungkook, you mean?"

"Ah! Yeah. I'd like to advise you to be careful." He looked around as a nurse passed by.

I glanced at the same direction as the nurse walked, then back at Namjoon. "He seems harmless to me-"

"No no, I didn't mean to be careful from him being with you. I mean be careful with what happens around him. The doctors here hate him for some reason and they want to kick him out of the hospital, but they don't want to do that. I don't know what the reason is yet, but I believe that you need to speak with him."

The rest of the walk we discussed some topics, but still what Namjoon, told me about Jungkook, stayed in the back of my mind.

After some time, Jungkook, came in sight as I saw him enter the hospital, so I gestured Namjoon, to allow me to go to him. He politely bowed and left me with Jungkook.

"Hyung! I brought you the things and-" He turned 360 degrees, making me chuckle as he said, "Do I look clean now?"

I ruffled his slightly wet hair and nodded in approval, then we went to my room with him aiding me.

I plugged my phone in, we chatted a little, and as time passed a doctor came to do his constant checkup.

Before visiting hours were over, I told Jungkook to stay at my house, but he refused. I still don't understand why he is this keen on sticking to me. Therefore, I asked one of the doctors if Jungkook can stay over with me in the room. Surely it took me a lot of convincing, but thankfully he accepted.

I went to sleep as well as Jungkook, who found comfort on the leather couch in the room. However, after a few couple of hours of sleep, I heard a weird noise along with shuffling.

I slowly turned to face the couch Jungkook is sleeping on, to see his body shivering and curled up into a ball. Without second thoughts, I quickly removed the covers and slid away from the bed.

Shit! My body hurts.

I ignored my still sore muscles and sat on the floor crossing my legs, since I couldn't sit on my knees because they were still too weak to hold up all my body weight.

My hand ran through his hair, trying to comfort him. He doesn't have a fever. Is he having a nightmare?

I abruptly shook his body to wake him up, but he started kicking instead. "Jungkook. You need to wake up. Jungkook" I kept calling out for him until his eyes flung open.

In a second, he sat up straight while heaving and eyes were wide open, looking at me in confusion. "Are you okay?" I asked as I gently rubbed circles on his back.

He shook his head.

"Was it a nightmare?"

He shook his head.

"Want to tell me?"

He shook his head again, gaining a sigh from me. "Keeping things to yourself won't help you. It's important to tell someone about your concerns."

His eyes were wide open while staring at the floor as he said in a low voice, "But, if I say anything, nothing will happen. It's useless, revenge won't bring back my mother."